track rental thanks and times

DKilbourne

Again, thanks for putting this on. The best time slip I have in my pocket (there is a better one somewhere) is 11.351 at 88.15, but the 1/8 mile MPH is 116.46

3 of the 6 licensing passes completed (one was too ugly to count). Carburetor has some issues to work out. Thanks to Jim Rose (Clone) for tweaking some of the settings and getting the motor running better. I still need to play with tire pressures and get the tires warmed up more.

The rabbit move to the right lane on the burnout made me pucker.....can't imagine your thoughts!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved your car.

Thanks Guys! It started out as a $1300 beater when I was 15 years old... back in 1983. lol

It was great racing with everybody! Lots of cool cars out there, and a good variety! Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to all who came out! It was a little stressful early on with mother natures temper tantrum ruining the schedule but the unexpected just helps us be more prepared next time.

Couldn't bring my car out due to the rear end being taken apart again. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm. So far not impressed with the 12 bolt.

Had to run my Ecoboost truck for giggles, it surprised me with a 14.7. Cant wait to see what an intake and tune will do for it.

Thanks for putting this event on. Nothing to take down the track this time. But had a good time catching up with some people and meeting some new ones.

Contrary to what I tend to think some days, not everyone on Cr is a asshole.I guess I should make it out more often as well.

The rabbit move to the right lane on the burnout made me pucker.....can't imagine your thoughts!

Yeah, the car was kicking right for every burnout. I tried driving through it but couldn't correct enough. Stayed in it too long, then panicked and let off the throttle and mashed the brake too hard. The tires were loaded up and unloaded making the chassis bounce hard enough to hit the frame on the track. I didn't even try to re-fire the car until Jim got up there and told me everything looked okay. It was all so violent I didn't know if there were pieces of the car on the track.

Thanks for putting this event on. Nothing to take down the track this time. But had a good time catching up with some people and meeting some new ones.

Contrary to what I tend to think some days, not everyone on Cr is a asshole.I guess I should make it out more often as well.

Most of the keyboard warriors are ok in person.

Had a great time! Car went 10.30 @ 132

Loved your car.

Your car is awesome.

What these guys said. Favorite car of the day for sure. Unreal seeing that run those times. :thumbup:

Yeah. I've become somewhat disconnected with the human part of CR folks over the years with my lack of showing up to events and kinda turned into a dick online. Sorry.

Glad seeing everybody out. Talking online can make people assholes quick and the sarcastic comments flow but when we all meet in person it's like we're all long lost good friends. Awesome event and great people! Can't wait to go to more this year :)

Want to say thanks to all involved in getting this event together. 10.60 @ 131. I had problems all day from water pump belt flying off (thanks to Gary for lending a hand to throw the new belt on at the end of the track), to line lock messing up, and eventually the sprayed coolant from the first run taking out my fan relay. Was hoping engine would stay together after throwing the belt on the way home last weds. and getting extremely hot. Guess I can put the timing back to where it was and see what happens. Edited by SHIEF
cuz car

most expensive trap of the day!

Pretty mad about it, I thought it was 55 where I was, so I maintained that speed when I saw the cop and slowed when I got to the 35 sign. I thought Iwas just getting hell for my window tint. Took my gun money.

Had a good time at the track though, even just spectating, got to see a few people I hadn't in awhile. Thanks guys

Pretty mad about it, I thought it was 55 where I was, so I maintained that speed when I saw the cop and slowed when I got to the 35 sign. I thought Iwas just getting hell for my window tint. Took my gun money.

Had a good time at the track though, even just spectating, got to see a few people I hadn't in awhile. Thanks guys

I saw you pulled over as I was leaving. Sucks man

Takes a while to edit 400 pictures after helping to run a track day.

I've had a few requests so I'm just going to get them all worked on today.

I apologize if that sounded dickish. I should.have said when the expected time would be for pictured to be posted because I'm hoping that my Saab is in one of them

I definitely had fun bull shitting with everyone. the 4spd mustang was bad ass. loved hearing you bang gears. the gtr's are damn impressive too. loved the cts-v wagon too. hoping for more cars for the true street portion for the fall rental. good times. one more thing, the pulled pork needs to be a staple from now on :)

Good to see a lot of fast cars this outing.

Wish I could have been one of them.

One of my turbos locked up on the first pass and the car made 0 boost.

Took it apart today and found a washer in the hot side and a couple bent fins.

I had a good time, first time manual shifting my auto at the track. Still need more practice reacting to the shift light but posted a new personal best 10.815@124.37.

Thanks to those who did the work while the rest of us played!

If there are any good launch pictures of my car from the front I would be interested in buying one, flat black third gen Camaro #68, Thanks.

I had a good time, first time manual shifting my auto at the track. Still need more practice reacting to the shift light but posted a new personal best 10.815@124.37.

Thanks to those who did the work while the rest of us played!

If there are any good launch pictures of my car from the front I would be interested in buying one, flat black third gen Camaro #68, Thanks.

Wagner has a new thread up in the pics and vids section with his pictures. He has a couple good ones of you, one staging and one launching.

I want to say thanks also , had a good time other than the exhaust clamp coming off during true street. safety wired it back up and ended up hot lapping the car, bracket racing with gary. unfortunately he whipped on me 4 out of 5 races, I must have been tired, lots of sleeping happened those races for me, thanks again gary!! Lol

I want to say thanks also , had a good time other than the exhaust clamp coming off during true street. safety wired it back up and ended up hot lapping the car, bracket racing with gary. unfortunately he whipped on me 4 out of 5 races, I must have been tired, lots of sleeping happened those races for me, thanks again gary!! Lol

Lol, it was fun, deffinately needed that practice. Wish i could have stuck around and played more.