College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

So I watched a little football this weekend after the rain out, and it reminded me how bias the coverage is and why I don't follow it anymore. Indiana beats a team that was in last year's SEC title game and in the recaps they just glide right over it. The way the games I watched were called its really painful to listen to how they want to steer things, at least that's how it seemed to me.

Now, the only thing that did make me smile was Michigan. Oh...my....LOL.... That team is terrible and their fans are even more funny. All the sudden they go from talking a bunch a crap and now have hit the "I don't want to hear about it or I will delete you phase"

Almost as bad as the 2%er Ohio State fans

Then there is this http://www.sbnation.com/2014/9/22/6831037/michigan-will-give-you-2-free-tickets-for-2-cokes

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan is giving away free tickets to this weekends game with the purchase of 2 coke products. Michigan then came out last night saying it was a misunderstanding, but they will honor any tickets given away prior to their statement being issued. That program is a dumpster fire right now.

For all the shit talking against SEC in here' date=' please tell me a conference that is better.[/quote']

I agree. I'm a Big Ten fan and root for them but on Saturday I was flipping between the Bama/Gators game and Big Ten football and the Bama/Gator game just looked like they were on a totally different level. The speed, the hitting, the play makers etc. They just looked so much better.

I know the Big Ten is down this year, but I find it hard to believe that anyone would say currently, there is a better conference. I would love to see the Big Ten get there but the ACC blows (excepted Florida State), Big Ten, American, PAC-12 (Oregon having a struggle fest against Wash St and we will see if the Michigan St game was as big as it was). Who out of the Big 12 is noticeable? Oklahoma? West Virginia has showed up pretty well but they cant close games out. I would take LSU, Bama, Florida, South Carolina and A&M any day over what we have in the Big Ten.

It is sad to see the Big Ten where it is. We are a laughing joke right now. Michigan is terrible, OSU lost to a terrible VA Tech team who has dropped two in a row now to unranked teams, Indiana lost to Bowling Green AT BGSU, Purdue is terrible, Penn State some how is 3-0 after their not so great performances. Michigan State looks like the only team that may come out with one loss.

For all the shit talking against SEC in here' date=' please tell me a conference that is better.[/quote']

I will agree 100% that they are the best conference top to bottom in college football strictly (there was a post on reddit a few weeks back covering all sports and the SEC is 3rd IIRC of the power 5, Big Ten WOULD be first by a long shot if we didn't pick up Rutgers), but that doesn't excuse the excuses the ESPN commentators make for quality losses, why X SEC team deserves to be ranked in the top 15 after a single quality win but there's still like 8+ undefeated teams not even in the top 25, etc. I don't hate the conference, they built their success and you can't take that away from them, but to blindly give them credit and try to wash away their failures is just bad journalism IMO.

But, it's business.

Just coming in as the Bearcat fan here, to say; no way my 'cats can win this weekend... Defense is way too sloppy... Especially the secondary. Offense CAN do it, if they are in the game, but they have been way too inconsistent looking, and have not faced a real defense in years...

I am preparing for all the harassment my OSU friends are going to lay on me...

Just coming in as the Bearcat fan here, to say; no way my 'cats can win this weekend... Defense is way too sloppy... Especially the secondary. Offense CAN do it, if they are in the game, but they have been way too inconsistent looking, and have not faced a real defense in years...

When they do just smile and point to that car in your sig. Winning.

I know I posted that thing about Cinci wanting to "Blackout" Ohio State, but honestly...my butt is a little puckered. I feel like we still have no idea where Ohio State is at as a team. I hope they can pull it out, but I've never been this worried about a game against a non-power conference team.

I think it will be a close game. It's weird how I've lost all confidence in Ohio State. It used to be, well I know we will win, but by how much? Even against the top teams, and if we lost, it was a huge let down...now I go into most games (if the opponent is .500 or better) nervous as to if we will even win. I don't like it at all. I think a lot of it has to do with the defense not being what it once was. Rant over. At least I have the Bengals!

Bunch of negative Nancy's in here. Cincy gave up 323 passing yards to Toledo and 262 to Miami (OH). Barrett is averaging 252 per game and if he gets 244 vs. Cincy he will be the first OSU QB to go over 1,000 yards passing through 4 games since Hoying did it in '95.

I was intrigued by Cincinnati after the first half of their game vs. Toledo (bursting out to a 34-0 lead) but then they let Toledo get right back in it. Were only up 7 at one point in the 4th quarter. I became real confident in a pretty easy OSU win after Cincy's lackluster performance against a Miami (OH) team that was on a 19-game losing streak going into that game. They haven't won since October 2012. I know Tuberville doesn't have the same personnel he had at Auburn when he went up against Urban but the thing that worries me most is him. He's 2-0 vs. Urban. Obviously Tuberville talked a lot about Urban in his weekly presser and talked about how Urban will run basically the same offense and that Urban really believes in it. To me that sounded like Tuberville saying "He's going to do the same stuff I was able to beat at Auburn."

I wouldn't say negative Nancy's lol. Most of us just speak the truth...while bending it a little lol. We hold Ohio State football to the highest standard (I know I don't need to tell you this), but we don't want to become Nebraska... Once we accept not being on top, we fail.

I mean, realistically, we're going to drop another 1-2 games, so the playoff is out of the picture for us this year. Braxton's out, and our team is REALLY young right now, this is just a growing year. That's fine -- I just can't find myself getting nearly as excited for this team as I was last year. There's other teams more worth discussion IMO.

Eager for 2015 though, hopefully with Braxton, but JT's looking like he'll do just fine even if Braxton goes.

Of course, I wish the Buckeyes well and hope they prove me wrong.