College Football Thread v7.0

bicranium

This was on Twitter last night... "Committee also told the SEC tonight: If Alabama loses you're going to get shut out. Missouri can't get from No. 16 to No. 4."

That would be pretty crazy. I guess it would be the champions from the other 4 conferences if that happened. And it makes sense if you look at the committee's rankings. The perceived underdogs in the other conference title games (Arizona, Wisconsin and GT) are all ahead of Mizzou. So if those 3 won and Bama lost they'd be in along with one of TCU/Baylor.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaching odds for Michigan...

Jim Harbaugh 2/1

Les Miles 5/2

Butch Jones 7/2

Mike Gundy 7/2

Greg Schiano 9/2

FootballScoop said yesterday that basically those top 3 weren't very interested if they were interested at all. But Vegas is going with that. Vegas had Tressel as the leader for the Nebraska job a couple days ago but FootballScoop says that's completely off the table now (really think it's going to be Oregon OC Scott Frost now).

If they did get Harbaugh... that would be huge.

Loosely quoting another excellent Reddit comment, but if OSU had beaten VT, and EVERYTHING ELSE THIS SEASON WAS THE SAME, what would the rankings be? An undefeated FSU gets left out?

I agree that FSU has been playing semi-lackluster and totally trolling the country, but if pure wins and losses don't matter (the one completely objective metric), what does? I get that it's just the committee's job to get the right four teams in, but placing them anything other than 1 right now is, IMO, disrespectful to the sport. Sure, the ACC is kind of weak this year, but they're not exactly playing in the MAC either. Baylor has every right to be incredibly livid too. I'm okay with one of the Big XII teams being in the playoff in lieu of us (I'm assuming all the key teams win out for this statement, including us, this weekend), but picking TCU over Baylor is downright offensive, considering that game more or less was the conference championship.

This committee thing is garbage IMO. Playoff good, human committee bad.

/ramble

I don't know if I want OSU to go to the playoff with a 3rd string QB. Tired of getting hosed in big games I want to have JT back and play an SEC school, fair chance.

Well, Berto, no one WANTS to (outside of Cardale, probably), but you play the cards you are dealt, bruh.

[rantmodeON]

I "mostly" agreed with the committee's decisions, up until last night. There is ZERO justification for TCU being 3 spots ahead of Baylor, providing Baylor wins on Saturday. And why in the hell would FSU drop, when they actually won their game without looking like steaming dog shit for once? Are we now considering Texas a quality win? Because THEY'VE been so impressive this year. Maybe the Committee is trying to get FSU into the Sugar bowl. Well, thats nice, but thats NOT YOUR FUCKING JOB. So, let's say everyone holds serve this weekend. TCU stays at 3? Baylor THREE places below a team that they BEAT AND share virtually the same resume with? Really? If Minnesota is a good enough team to create a difference of 3 spots in the rankings, then why the hell aren't WE in the top four?

Now, shit is just fucked up. AND, honestly, this is why they shouldn't do these bullshit weekly shows. They should have done it like the NCAA BB committee. Meet one time, selection saturday, and pick the four. Then there can be all of the cries for justice in the world. And we can talk about it the whole time were getting ready for the bowls. But because they have to do this "reality TV" nonsense, they have painted themselves into a corner.

[/rantmode]

Loosely quoting another excellent Reddit comment, but if OSU had beaten VT, and EVERYTHING ELSE THIS SEASON WAS THE SAME, what would the rankings be? An undefeated FSU gets left out?

I agree that FSU has been playing semi-lackluster and totally trolling the country, but if pure wins and losses don't matter (the one completely objective metric), what does? I get that it's just the committee's job to get the right four teams in, but placing them anything other than 1 right now is, IMO, disrespectful to the sport. Sure, the ACC is kind of weak this year, but they're not exactly playing in the MAC either. Baylor has every right to be incredibly livid too. I'm okay with one of the Big XII teams being in the playoff in lieu of us (I'm assuming all the key teams win out for this statement, including us, this weekend), but picking TCU over Baylor is downright offensive, considering that game more or less was the conference championship.

This committee thing is garbage IMO. Playoff good, human committee bad.

/ramble

I think you would see OSU #3, FSU #4 or vice versa and the Big 12 one true champions on the outside looking in.

Agreed the committee is a joke, but it's the NCAA so what do you really expect?

Coaching odds for Michigan...

Jim Harbaugh 2/1

Les Miles 5/2

Butch Jones 7/2

Mike Gundy 7/2

Greg Schiano 9/2

FootballScoop said yesterday that basically those top 3 weren't very interested if they were interested at all. But Vegas is going with that. Vegas had Tressel as the leader for the Nebraska job a couple days ago but FootballScoop says that's completely off the table now (really think it's going to be Oregon OC Scott Frost now).

If they did get Harbaugh... that would be huge.

Harbaugh is by far their best option. He's young, huge name, big time personality, great recruiter, brings fire back to Michigan, re-news the Rivarly.

Les is good as well, biggest difference between the two is age.

Have you seen Ohio State's run defense this year?

Of course I'd love to see them go all berserker and stuff Gordon all game long, but the numbers and my eyes tell me I should be a little worried.

See, your problems are you relying on numbers and what you see. You gotta feelit in your heart my man 😜

Don't worry, tOSU will be just fine!!

Langford- 137 yards (averages 113 a game)

Cobb- 145 yards (averages 129 a game) one run was a 30 yard td

Coleman- 228 yards (averages 170 a game) take away the 90 and 52 yard run and his stats are not even close to his season average

If OSU can not give up the huge play I think they will be just fine against Gordon. If they give up big play after big play, well then it could be a very long night Saturday. The thing that I think helps is OSU has faced really good running backs in 3 of their last 4 games, so they should be prepared for another one.

Wisconsin is 119th in passing yards per game (147.8 yards a game lol), force them to beat you through the air!

I cannot wait to see him in action for an entire game. After seeing some of his highlights from this season I have faith.... I BELIEVE!

Josh and I playing "anything you can do I can do better" with the OSU related news stories today.

Haha, I didn't even realize you had posted the same article until someone quoted it. Lots of good OSU news out there today, surprisingly a lot of it coming from ESPN. I don't think I like this, feel like they are setting us up for heartbreak and ultimately will get the last laugh, damn trolls!

BTW, tomorrow night future Buckeye Joey Burrow will be playing at the horseshoe in his teams state championship game. Not sure if anyone else is planning on going, but I think a buddy and I are going to venture over to watch him again. If anyone else is planning on going and wants to watch the game together let me know.

BTW, tomorrow night future Buckeye Joey Burrow will be playing at the horseshoe in his teams state championship game. Not sure if anyone else is planning on going, but I think a buddy and I are going to venture over to watch him again. If anyone else is planning on going and wants to watch the game together let me know.

Would love to join you, but "Texas". Post a review here if you get a chance tomorrow.