Nice places to go eat in Columbus

The_buster

The wife's birthday is coming up next month and I originally planned on renting a cabin in Hocking Hills. Well child care and money both fell through and now I want to find a nice romantic-ish place to eat in Columbus. Newark sucks as far as "upscale" dining goes. We have Red Lobster and Olive Garden. In the past we have done the dinner and a movie thing, but she is turning 25 and is getting ready to graduate in a month. So I would like to find someplace awesome and different. As far as taste goes were not picky we can usually find something we can eat on the menu, but were not big on greek or indian food. Thanks!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you want to spend? I could name a few places I would go for something really nice but expect to spend well over $100 and up. Places like The Ocean Club at Easton, or Texas De Brazil. I'm sure there are plenty more.

G Michaels.

Great place. Great food. Great staff. Not really THAT pricey either

This place is awesome. After receiving this recommendation here I took the wife their for our anniversary and we loved it. G Michaels also comped our dessert because it was our anniversary.

Honestly there is so many awesome restaurants in Columbus you would be better off listing type of food and budget to give everyone a clue as to what you want. Last thing you want is take your girl out expecting to spend less then $100 and get awkward looking at prices on the menu.

I've always been a fan of the Melting Pot. My wife and I go there once a year for an anniversary/Valentine's Day and always have a delicious dinner.

I've heard good things about Rodizio Grill. One of the owners is a customer of mine and a couple of co-workers have been down there and said it was fantastic.

One of my favorite places in the city is Tony's Italian in German Village. It's old-school Italian, but it just like the stuff my grandmother use to make and it's always terrific.

Shes mentioned the melting pot a couple times. I'm not big into fondue... what is there for a meat eater?

What we do is a platter of different meats and shrimp, like steak, chicken, pork, shrimp, etc. Stick them on your fork, put them in the pot for a minute or two and you're good to go.

Shes mentioned the melting pot a couple times. I'm not big into fondue... what is there for a meat eater?

If you want to eat food cooked in a sodium bath, head to the melting pot. Everything ends up tasting like ramen, my gf drags me here once a month,I end up just eating dessert and nothing else.

Want meat? Texas De Brazil. Plan to spend $100 at the bare minimum unless one of you gets the salad bar, which is probably the best salad bar in Columbus.

If you want to eat food cooked in a sodium bath, head to the melting pot. Everything ends up tasting like ramen, my gf drags me here once a month,I end up just eating dessert and nothing else.

Also, it takes about 2 hours to eat a meal. Cooking takes forever if you want to make sure you don't get ecoli. You can't really cook multiple things at once.

It's way overpriced for what you get. The food was so so and again, it took forever. It might be fun going for just desert, but doing a whole meal like that was agonizing since I was pretty hungry.

We almost went to Texas for our anniversary. How cooked is the meat? IE rare, medium, well? I'm picky I know but Im a well done kind of guy. I'll eat medium but if blood comes out I'm done.

If you tell them you prefer it more well done they will bring it to you. The slabs usually vary from rare to medium but some sections are more well done. I dont typically eat rare meat but I do when I go there. The lamb chops along with the flank stank are my favorite meats.

The service at TdB has been hit or miss for me. (parties from 6-30) Most of the time its average, a couple times a bit less. Its definitely my favorite place for meat. Plan for the meat sweats if you over indulge.

Figlio or Cap City for the under $50 budget. Obviously, pending steak orders.

Hop on opentable.com, make an account and start looking around. Plus, once you find a place you may like you can make your reservation right there on the site.

We had melting pot last night. I hate the place the lady loves it. Like others said its a joke and Hir clothes end up smelling like fried meat. The dessert is the shit though.

Speaking of dessert McCormick and Schmidts chocolate bag is outstanding. Good oysters as well.

Rodizio is terrible. I've eaten there twice and was highly disappointed. Texas De Brzail is much better.

Rodizio is terrible. I've eaten there twice and was highly disappointed. Texas De Brzail is much better.

I'm surprised to hear this. I have only eaten at Rodizio once, but was blown away. The food was incredible as was the service. I have never eaten at Texas De Brazil.

-Marc

We almost went to Texas for our anniversary. How cooked is the meat? IE rare, medium, well? I'm picky I know but Im a well done kind of guy. I'll eat medium but if blood comes out I'm done.

Well done?

Then you might as well get a steak at Applebee's. Lol. What's your budget? That will help guide the advice. You can spend $50 or $500, easily in Columbus

Mitchells, best steaks in the city. Hands down.

This is incorrect.

Better steaks can be had at JGilberts, The Top, Hyde Park, 1808, Eddie Merlots, SW's...the list goes on and on.

Basically, Mitchells is not very good. Especially for the price.

-Marc