Cars you wouldn't think cost 10-15k

C-Mart

Well I ended up changing my mind on the A8. I missed out on a great example, and couldn't find anything to stack up against it.

I ended up getting a 2008 528i. I kept getting tempted by 535/550s, but kept reminding myself I wanted something better on gas and that the E30 was for going fast.

Nothing special. Going to fix some electrical gremlins, do some appearance stuff and enjoy 30mpg.

17279524392_8a6e57b3f1_z.jpg

17093623458_8c94550709_z.jpg

Ohh, and the experience of buying a used middle of the road BMW is not one I will be repeating. So many sketch people that lie about vehicle history records and condition. If I did it over I would pay a few thousand more and go to a dealership.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Funny you mention "middle-of-the-road" BMW owners...just driving tonight next to what by all appearances (wheels, badging body kit) was a 6-cyl 5-series, but with a ferocious 4-tip exhaust like an M5. Super-bright aftermarket LED's shining on a "dealer" plate, and the driver looked the part.

Lotta $30k-millionaires chasing after that look. Those poor, poor 528s/530s... :lol:

:dumb: right back at you.

I'll dd a manual car if it's sporty, but I could care less if its a <300hp anything. I look forward to selling this in 2 years for what I bought it for.

I could have bought an E60 M5, but would rather invest my money while I'm young so I can buy real cars later in life.

Auto :dumb:

Woodgrain :dumb:

Have fun non-regrettably selling that in 2 years

10 year old 75k mi AMG owner here...

Do the work yourself and read the common issues thread on a reputable forum. You will find all the small shit that a lot of people before you have faced.

I've had nothing but good things to say about my purchase. It's even in the 500whp club daily driven.

Again, great deals can be had if you wrench it yourself and can be thrifty and source parts yourself.

I saw your car - love it.

At this point in my life I care much more about resale and investing than driving something I could, but shouldn't. Also, in my line of work driving something too nice, raises eyebrows and isn't good for business.

The car is nothing special, but it's nice to have a car again I can drive across the country and not think twice about it. Or need to fill up 15 times.

I saw your car - love it.

At this point in my life I care much more about resale and investing than driving something I could, but shouldn't. Also, in my line of work driving something too nice, raises eyebrows and isn't good for business.

The car is nothing special, but it's nice to have a car again I can drive across the country and not think twice about it. Or need to fill up 15 times.

I totally agree with you. I'll enjoy driving my "dream" cars later in life. Right now I'll drive something I really enjoy and sock away as much money as I can for later.

• 2 weeks later...