What did you see today?

cstmg8

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the QSL show last weekend with my son and it was all new Dodge Challengers. Or rather, like 75% of the show was guys with their new fucking Challengers. Big deal. Sorry, but anyone can buy a new car and take it to a show like that.

Been seeing this a LOT this year. Run of the mill stock newer Challengers, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc. We've been to several shows where a stock car within 3 years of age has won trophy's. Blah.

Been seeing this a LOT this year. Run of the mill stock newer Challengers, Mustangs, Corvettes, etc. We've been to several shows where a stock car within 3 years of age has won trophy's. Blah.

I took my WS6 Firebird Formula to shows a few times back in the mid 2000's when it was just 4-5 years old. It was very clean, and very rare, but it never won anything. Nor did I expect it to.

I took my WS6 Firebird Formula to shows a few times back in the mid 2000's when it was just 4-5 years old. It was very clean, and very rare, but it never won anything. Nor did I expect it to.

Very clean and very RARE is better than very clean and run of the mill newer vehicle that you literally see 50 of any given day you're out and about anywhere.

The one's we've seen at shows that I'm referring to are literally ones you could find dozens of on any given car lot. Rare is different.

Also, it's all good in the end to be proud of a new car that has been bought. I just don't see the point in awarding someone for making a purchase of a very basic vehicle and doing nothing else.

Very clean and very RARE is better than very clean and run of the mill newer vehicle that you literally see 50 of any given day you're out and about anywhere.

The one's we've seen at shows that I'm referring to are literally ones you could find dozens of on any given car lot. Rare is different.

Also, it's all good in the end to be proud of a new car that has been bought. I just don't see the point in awarding someone for making a purchase of a very basic vehicle and doing nothing else.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you on all points. :cool:

Anyway, here's a pic of my '86 GT and my brother's '90 GT from the show on Sunday. We just parked in the other lot, we didn't enter the cars in the show:

42171028_256342908292479_2239333901135015069_n.jpg

Had these at work, 26's where the center cap is missing so they wrapped cardboard in duct tape and screwed it to the wheel...

The others are some things I've gotten to play around with lately, 2 hellcats and a ludacruis mode p90d. The tesla is for sure the quickest car I've ever been in.f4db2d59b784f0795f368f19d6e6ce48.jpg015c32c4ebcef70227c130dd20f9ad7e.jpg4be129e4284bd49e16eea452124fb092.jpgfe55ea32b49aeea4451acf050694c79a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Oh, this threads back

:wtf: I had to google this as I'd never seen one and even google images didn't turn up results.

I dont think it exists as you probably saw....Says there are 5 available colors, none of which are beige.

I 100% assure you I saw a civic with all the type r trim and styling, in the most overmilked coffee of color.

A beige civic type r.

The worlds most boring color on the worlds most overstyled FWD car.

That weird grey can look very different depending on the light, never good, just different. I wonder if that's what you saw?

https://www.google.com/search?q=honda+civic+type+r+sonic+grey+pearl&tbm=isch

Was at lunch with a fellow CR member and in the middle of watching the "talent" around us we were treated to and older guy trying like made to parallel park. After three attempts of trying to fit this caddy into a HUGE space, in front of the lunch crowd across the street he said fuck it and left I like this. LOL. :)

62a9d275391c1eaa39697e53e9d32eeb.jpg8ca38e4d9a50b29d29d82e2ce0ab9bff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk