How many of you follow Trump on Twitter?

acklac7

I see no point in twitter. Most every news source or information feed that I'm looking to follow has a better more robust option. It is ironic in today's cupcake generation of PC Correct emotionally sensitive types that the use of social media tools like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook abound and it's often their peers who use them and drive them crazy. Toss in old-crusties like Trump using it and that only amplifies the butt-hurt. Trump is a master troll.

I use twitter exclusively for following AP News (the only news source that actually VERIFIES info before publishing it) and following NHL beat writers. It's pretty great if you just use it as a source for info and vet those sources you follow.

EDIT: Oh and Nate Silver.

There is a 100% chance that he is not the one behind the keys. He like anyone else has a media team.

There is a 0% chance that someone other than Trump himself was going on early morning tirades during the campaign. I'm sure he has a team that manages SOME parts of his social media, but his twitter account is almost assuredly entirely his. In fact it's a bit of an interesting sticking point within his transition team as he prepares for his role as POTUS, some are very much for him staying on twitter while others favor him dropping off.

I agree, it has to be Trump himself on Twitter. I wonder if he'll keep it up once he's sworn-in? I think it's a great way to communicate with the people and would like to see it continue with future Presidents.

I remember there was a lot of shit Obama went through with his blackberry and the secret service, I wonder what will happen with Trump as well.

Obama's blackberry was a security issue, Trump does not email, never has.

I'm sure there are security implications surrounding whatever platform he uses to tweet, though. IIRC Obama was the first ever POTUS to carry a cell phone while in office. I wonder if it's just a non issue at this point in time or if secret service has to take precautions with whatever devices Trump wants to keep on him and use for social media.

Obama's blackberry was a security issue, Trump does not email, never has.

That's a good point... he barely uses a computer.

There's no way that Trump is typing his Twitter comments. I'm certain he's paying attention to the news, and barking his opinions to someone who then crafts a 140-character response that is coherent. That's how I would do it.

That's a good point... he barely uses a computer.

There's no way that Trump is typing his Twitter comments. I'm certain he's paying attention to the news, and barking his opinions to someone who then crafts a 140-character response that is coherent. That's how I would do it.

Absolutely not, there is only one person with access to that twatter handle. That's the man himself

If that's the case, that's a waste of Trump's time considering the number of tweets he makes in a day. Are there any apps that allow you to talk-to-text a message that then gets converted to a 140-character Tweet-friendly message?

I'm not saying he's not doing ANY tweeting himself, but with that many followers, you'd think there are at least 1-2 people on his team that he's talking to for Twitter content they type out...

If that's the case, that's a waste of Trump's time considering the number of tweets he makes in a day. Are there any apps that allow you to talk-to-text a message that then gets converted to a 140-character Tweet-friendly message?

I'm not saying he's not doing ANY tweeting himself, but with that many followers, you'd think there are at least 1-2 people on his team that he's talking to for Twitter content they type out...

I think you vastly underestimate Trumps willingness to do things that don't make sense.

Man, I can see why they said the "uneducated American" was the backbone of Trump supportes.

There is a website called Twitonomy that is basically an information engine for twitter. It can identify how a twitter account operates-and even can see what device a tweet came from.

From April. 23 to Sept 14, he tweeted 3197 times. Thats 22.11 per day. Of that (1,707) have come from Twitter for Android. Another 1,245 have come from Twitter.com (AKA sent from a desktop or laptop which Trump says he never uses). Ninety-nine have come from a BlackBerry, and another 99 have come from an iPhone.

Trump himself said he Tweets from an I phone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-medias-love-hate-relationship-with-donald-trump/2015/09/01/16d8ee38-50cb-11e5-933e-7d06c647a395_story.html?utm_term=.37e6bf3e88c6

There are all facts that you trumpswingers can verify on your own. Think what you will.