Whats a good set of street tires?

FocusDave01

I have come to the decision I dont plan on tracking my bike this year. 1) I cant afford to be in a hospital if I got hurt. 2) I dont want to risk crashing the bike and then paying for something that is broke. 3) I dont want to dump tons of money in gear. I like my helmet,gloves and jacket. Maybe I will get some street pants and riding boots. 4) I know im still a big time newb and maybe if I did learn to lean and what not I might enjoy it but again greater risk of crashing while learning doesnt sit well in my mind. And honestly I have more fun puttin around town and city ridin with my friends. So Im trying to find a set of tires more for highway use not as rounded off. I found a pair of Michelins but I cant remember the name of them. They are more flat and wont wear as fast as the race type tires. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know :-) Thanks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love my pirelli corsa 3s, but honestly, you will get 10 different answers for you question, it all depends on what your trying to accomplish, and even after that, there are many different tires to choose from, each tire wears differantly, grips differently, and are shaped differently, ive ran m3's, 2ct, a few dunlaps, sport attacks, and street attacks, and corsa 3's, bridgestone(bt03 maybe? cant remember)the corsa 3 meets my needs and i love the way they feel, they are pretty steep for street tires, which means they turn in faster, but other people might want high speed stability

From the reviews I've read the Dunlop Roadsmarts are an awesome tire for this kind of thing. Hoblick loves his on the VFR. They're dual compound, hard in the middle and soft on the sides. Pretty cheap and have lasted many people about 10k miles.

My fav..

Michelin PP (lil more mileage), PP 2 CT (less mileage don't need it unless you plan real aggressive chicken strip ridin), PP Road 2 (dual compound, a lot of prop for them, jagr knows)

Many people who are not planning trackdays are running Conti sportattack in the front and Conti road attack rear.