New car recommendations

PRD2BDF

Holy shit...that’s a lotta car for $24k brand new! Does it have the magneto suspension?

If the LaCrosse is on the same chassis as the new Impala, that’s a great thing. One of the most comfortable cars I’ve driven recently.

^^ this for sure. It's a solution to a problem I don't have now but damn that's a great buy.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still find brand new '17s for $25k with nice options (definitely go for the mag suspension).....

https://www.garberbuick.com/inventory/new-2017-buick-lacrosse-essence-fwd-sedan-1g4zp5ss8hu161565

That dealer has several to choose from

Something seems off with this, they say 17k off msrp but only show 10k in incentives. Seems like they are making some additional assumptions like a trade in or something.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Something seems off with this, they say 17k off msrp but only show 10k in incentives. Seems like they are making some additional assumptions like a trade in or something.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You might be right...

Buick's website says that there's $10k off the cars at Garber. I haven't priced a new car in a long time so I'm off the game :lol:

I am secretly a big fan of the Buick Cascada. Part of it is my love of convertibles, but the thing also reminds me of a Buick Reatta from my childhood. That, and the Cadillac Allante were the crazy-rare American cars in my community. There aren't that many Cascada's and Buick is keeping the pricing tight, with not a lot of discounting. Respect.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/718236865/overview/

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/717268131/overview/

^^^Dude, all white Cadillac Allante, removable hardtop...on wire wheels? :megusta:

That backdrop tho. If that's not peak 1980's, IDK what is.

Wait, am I reading Wikipedia right. You could get a Northstar V8 in this thing... and it's FWD?

yup, the final year 1993 they were all Northstar 4.6L's. It's even the 290hp "high output" northstar, not the paltry 270hp one for the poors.

Steering this back on track...I did suspect something about that Buick.

I've located a 300S AWD locally and I will probably take a look at it to get a feel of it. Some people have suggested a Subaru but with my price range and desired mileage (20-30k miles), the higher powered versions (the Outback) is out plus, I just don't want to own a Subaru.

Dude at my last job daily drove a red Allente, it was pretty minty. Most interesting thing about those I think is that they were built by Pininfarina.

The bodies were built by pininfarina, but then were shipped by a specially built 747 to the US where they were mated to the chassis.

1987-1993-cadillac-allante-12.jpg

b0ce3fb1da3ab2924a14a35efd2356b8--bridges-lost.jpg

Allante_747.jpg

The 747 was officially called "the Allante Air Bridge" which I just think is hilarious and old school GM. It could ship 56 of them at a time.

here are some other interesting things:

All the 1980's Allante's had only two options: Car phone (with retractable antenna) and analog gauges (the standard dash was digital).

The allante name was computer generated. think about that for a second: GM fed a bunch of criteria into a computer in 1985 (number of syllables, alteration, etc) and it spit out 1700 names from which some wonk at GM picked Allante. It is a completely meaningless word (unless a word can mean old school General Motors decision making that smells vaguely of cigars, whisky and sex with your secretary and quality that lasts only 5 years).

It was an almost $60K car in the 1980s. The "budget" version introduced in 1990 cost $53K in 1990 money. my 1991 E30 convertible with every option (except automatic trans) had a sticker of $31K in 1991 for comparison. The most expensive version was the 1993 model with the metal hardtop - it cost $64K new in 1993.

The Allante was the pace car in 1992 for the Indy 500. There is a 1992 Indy 500 pace car edition. True to GM it has giant "PACE CAR" graphics running down the side:

allante-side-e1506214548815-630x325.jpg

I was obsessed with the allante as a kid in the 1980s.

I've located a 300S AWD locally and I will probably take a look at it to get a feel of it. Some people have suggested a Subaru but with my price range and desired mileage (20-30k miles), the higher powered versions (the Outback) is out plus, I just don't want to own a Subaru.

any reason you aren't looking at a Charger R/t? They would be about the same money and the same size inside?

Year? Options?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Year? Options?

2015 Chrysler 300 S AWD is a very nice and very clean 1 owner All Wheel Drive car! The previous owner was a non-smoker who clearly took excellent care of this car. It sports a clean Carfax and it's very well equipped with AWD, automatic headlights, auxiliary jack, USB port, 2 position memory driver's seat, backup camera, back up sensors, cruise control, dual 8-way power front seats with power lumbar, dual-panel power moonroof / sunroof, dual-zone climate control, hands-free bluetooth, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, keyless entry, leather seats, 2-position memory driver seat, Navigation / GPS on 8.4" touch screen, power locks, power pedals, power windows, premium 'BEATS' audio w/10 premium amplified speakers, subwoofer and 552-watt amp, premium 19" Hyper Black aluminum wheels, remote start, steering wheel controls

2015 Chrysler 300 S AWD is a very nice and very clean 1 owner All Wheel Drive car! The previous owner was a non-smoker who clearly took excellent care of this car. It sports a clean Carfax and it's very well equipped with AWD, automatic headlights, auxiliary jack, USB port, 2 position memory driver's seat, backup camera, back up sensors, cruise control, dual 8-way power front seats with power lumbar, dual-panel power moonroof / sunroof, dual-zone climate control, hands-free bluetooth, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, keyless entry, leather seats, 2-position memory driver seat, Navigation / GPS on 8.4" touch screen, power locks, power pedals, power windows, premium 'BEATS' audio w/10 premium amplified speakers, subwoofer and 552-watt amp, premium 19" Hyper Black aluminum wheels, remote start, steering wheel controls
Looks pretty well optioned, since it has the panoramic sunroof, GPS, memory seats, adjustable pedals, etc. Only thing it may be missing is blind spot/ACC/LDW, but that's hard to find one a used 300 anyway.

Well shit. No word from insurance but I just found out the 300S AWD that I was eyeing just sold
Don't worry too much, they're are a TON of 2015 lease returns coming in (from all companies) and it won't be too hard to find another. Plus used car prices and sedans especially are at a low right now.

Don't worry too much, they're are a TON of 2015 lease returns coming in (from all companies) and it won't be too hard to find another. Plus used car prices and sedans especially are at a low right now.

I know but that one was a CPO by Chrysler. Very very nice warranty

Depending on what you want and what your budget is, there is a decent selection...

Buy new 2018 (slightly fewer options)

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=468472521&zip=48316&endYear=2019&pageLayout=list&keywordPhrases=Adaptive+Cruise+control&keywords=Adaptive+Cruise+control&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2017&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BCHRY%5B300%5B300%7CS%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

Buy a slightly used 2017 with full Driver Assist package

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=473880906&zip=48316&endYear=2019&pageLayout=list&keywordPhrases=Adaptive+Cruise+control&keywords=Adaptive+Cruise+control&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2017&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BCHRY%5B300%5B300%7CS%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

Buy a more used 2016 AWD with Driver Assist

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=468472521&zip=48316&endYear=2019&pageLayout=list&keywordPhrases=Adaptive+Cruise+control&keywords=Adaptive+Cruise+control&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&startYear=2017&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BCHRY%5B300%5B300%7CS%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

Or a 2015 RWD with Driver Assist package

2017 and up has the newer radio with higher resolution screen and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Also some have the SRT front facia.

My budget is definitely a solid 23-24k.

I did locate a low low mileage 2015 300S RWD locally but no CPO or moonroof 14k miles for 20k

You can add a 2 year Bumper to Bumper MaxCare Warranty from Dodge for $1200. Basically makes it a CPO.

:thumbup:

KillJoy