Home Improvement Thread II (2018)

Zx2guy19

Got a bit of my "smarthome" stuff setup.

This was all done via wifi, i had a wemo switch, that light plugs in to get power so I just put a wemo out there, plugged the light into that and my wifi reaches to that point with no extender. It's roughly 60 yards away. I got my cameras all hooked up, for obvious reasons I cant post any pictures of that.

Edited by Geeesammy

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit of my "smarthome" stuff setup.

This was all done via wifi, i had a wemo switch, that light plugs in to get power so I just put a wemo out there, plugged the light into that and my wifi reaches to that point with no extender. It's roughly 60 yards away. I got my cameras all hooked up, for obvious reasons I cant post any pictures of that.

haha! you'll have fun converting the rest of the house too. We have her control just about everything now. :fuckyeah:

Haha thanks man. Yeah- $7200 for insulation which makes me want to puke but it’s as good as it gets.

Forgot one pic:

a4c88ff73f1ec217aaae22421f23ce4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You win this thread. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Had our Farm Sink replaced as the finish on the Jute/Concrete one just wasn't holding up. For a $1300 sink that's handmade by a the team at Native Trails, one would think they can get this shit right. 3 sinks and no-go, they all started to fail.

Thus we were given the upgrade to a Nickle Plated Copper Sink that was made to the same exact size we spec'd in originally (not a stock size). I wish we could have kept the bone white but we'll enjoy it just the same.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167642158/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/167642157/original.jpg

It blocks the stairs.

I have to say that's weird feng shui to come up the front porch stairs to a wall. Maybe put a bench seat or a couple of seats with a table in the middle? Would definitely make the front of the house more homely.

Lol, those stairs are gone this Friday. All new concrete is being done, including stairs that'll lead right into the front door. New sidewalks in the front of the house, all along the side (left) and a 20x20 patio in the back with new steps leading up to the french doors.

I actually really do appreciate the feedback and I'll talk to my partner about it- it wouldn't be hard or expensive to add a new pole. Hell, maybe he already intended to and I just don't know about it, since we had to bring stuff into the house.

Obviously a full porch w/ railings will be done, so maybe that'll help make it look a little better.

Lol, those stairs are gone this Friday. All new concrete is being done, including stairs that'll lead right into the front door. New sidewalks in the front of the house, all along the side (left) and a 20x20 patio in the back with new steps leading up to the french doors.

OK, yeah....I didn't realize all that was being done. I would say you're on it. :thumbup:

I actually really do appreciate the feedback and I'll talk to my partner about it- it wouldn't be hard or expensive to add a new pole. Hell, maybe he already intended to and I just don't know about it, since we had to bring stuff into the house.

Obviously a full porch w/ railings will be done, so maybe that'll help make it look a little better.

Yes, much. Plus then you wouldnt have to add an intermediate support for the railing on that longer span.

And classically, horizontal intercolumniation (space being wider than it is tall) is typically only really on Craftsman style houses.

Youtube.

It's a 12 second video...sounds like a PITA.

Yes, much. Plus then you wouldnt have to add an intermediate support for the railing on that longer span.

And classically, horizontal intercolumniation (space being wider than it is tall) is typically only really on Craftsman style houses.

Yeah, as I'm looking at it more and more, I'd agree. $30 for a 4x4 and a few bucks to wrap and it and boom, we're in business.

My sister sold her house to some flippers and they took possession on March 8th, are doing less work, and I dont think they are as far along as you guys

• 1 month later...

Its the new ghetto-urban-revitalization fence-style.

Helps the new half-scared-Millennial-new-home-buyer during the gentrification of the hood feel a little safer and also hide all their kids crap and uncut grass from view (since nobody takes pride in their grass anymore)

Its the new ghetto-urban-revitalization fence-style.

Helps the new half-scared-Millennial-new-home-buyer during the gentrification of the hood feel a little safer and also hide all their kids crap and uncut grass from view (since nobody takes pride in their grass anymore)

:lol::lol:

Noticed, wasn't going to say anything...

Scrolled down and saw this post. :lol:

Aside from the fence I do like the way the front looks, the kitchen looks baller too.

The fence is just fighting against the style of the house.

It’ll come together more when it has a gate- trust me.

I’m actually surprised you guys don’t like it. It definitely is exactly what someone said about making people feel better in the ghetto lol. That’s 100% true.

Also- the fence on the side is just a standard fence- the one in the front is red cedar. That little section of fence in the front was more than the entire fence on the side.