What did you do for your ride today? (v3.0)

Not Brian

Ordered Toyota shimless lifter buckets to finish setting lash on the Supra's engine. Provided these buckets give me the measurements I'm looking for, I'll then be able to get the engine back in the car, and maybe start working on it again.

Maybe.

Miller, your Viper is iconic. I love the looks of that thing.

Thanks Otis. Was going to take another picture in daylight today as I took my maiden voyage on the new setup.

Some Honda piped me at the pizza shop and I forgot to take the picture.

Thanks Otis. Was going to take another picture in daylight today as I took my maiden voyage on the new setup.

Some Honda piped me at the pizza shop and I forgot to take the picture.

:lol: Some folks just can't help themselves.

Got H&R's (p/n 51816) shipped from Tire Rack for $322. Got them on Thursday along with new KYB's and mounting hardware and went to town...

jkP0sb5l.jpg

fD6ZzkPl.jpg

LOVE the finished look. Tough to see in pics because it's such a fat pig, but the in-person look is great. I squatted down for the pics but at normal viewing angle the wheels/tires tuck in perfectly with 1-2 finger gap. No rubbing.

I'm reminded how good aftermarket springs are. These German-made H&Rs were shorter (obvi) than factory springs, but the steel coils are way beefier. Even with sway bar end links disconnected (trashed them in removal...got new ones coming tomorrow) it took bumps really well and just feels flat and solid. The drop was over 1" each end and still hasn't settled. Needs an alignment.

Very happy with the crotchfruit transport now...82k miles so plenty of life left, paid off, and will be having fun for years to come. At least now it won't look like every other Odyssey in a UA school parking lot. ;) If you have a minivan, seriously...get lowering springs. Very cheap way to make it look better and handle well for DD duty.

Flattened the springs out on the old Callaway with a skid of mulch. May have overdone it, but it gives me a good idea of how she's going to look with a lowering kit.....73bc81479bf2fbb7f10452be6eabae73.jpg5a3abbe3c68939370448a8df0f917c79.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Lash set, engine assembled, and ready to go in the car for good as soon as I finish the factory replacement manifold for my DSM:

100949623_10219987015239625_1836542811931934720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=-PASYzR4IloAX9UTbFZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=903c75eff3235e32ade3cd683770533f&oe=5EF15BC1

Looks like it would pull a premium before racewarz

Lash set, engine assembled, and ready to go in the car for good as soon as I finish the factory replacement manifold for my DSM:

100949623_10219987015239625_1836542811931934720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=-PASYzR4IloAX9UTbFZ&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=903c75eff3235e32ade3cd683770533f&oe=5EF15BC1

Beautiful!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Started practicing heel toe downshifts in the Z/28. The pedals were too far apart to do it well consistently with the side of my foot, so I ordered a set from SRP:

camaro_5th_gen_grid2_BU_1.jpg

I was too impatient to install anything but the gas pedal yet, but wow, what a difference. Took it for a test drive, heel toe is way easier now.

49986228882_a5995b70ea_w.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Have a friend driving from Ohio to California and back over two weeks so I Polished the front end and fenders and then wrapped it in blue tape for him. Its not a brand new van but newer and in really good shape. This should help.

Im OCD so i also treated the tape with some Optimum Optiseal so it sheds water. We gave it a good test and he just laughed.

I also hit the windshield with Griot's fine glass polish then coated it. Tested it out with a hose and he was amazed. Super smooth wipers and water just rolls off cleanly.

Griswalds are on thier way866139644f5d388cb5d13627d47e995b.jpgc29c80bdfe619c67600312e60f6d6a56.jpgd75c8f6ac292f6ee98e551b8b62e0a58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

^ cheaper than a clear bra, but looks silly, especially on a freakin minivan
Yep. Had to do it last minute as he has a sister in California that is on her death bed. No time for a real bra. Just needs to help

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

If I was going to drive across the country in a minivan with painters tape all over the front end, I’d at least have to add some scallops or flames or something.

Good on you for helping a friend during a tough time though.