What did you do for your ride today? (v3.0)

Not Brian

• 3 weeks later...

I polished my wheels, and gave the truck a quick bath. I also swapped the front end a couple weeks ago, ditched the Cheyenne (W/T) grille/lights for a Silverado quad setup.

For reference, the first pic is from a couple years ago, second pic is today.....

l1kAYHGl.jpg

AkvWmH3l.jpg

I polished my wheels, and gave the truck a quick bath. I also swapped the front end a couple weeks ago, ditched the Cheyenne (W/T) grille/lights for a Silverado quad setup.

For reference, the first pic is from a couple years ago, second pic is today.....

l1kAYHGl.jpg

AkvWmH3l.jpg

Well done!!!

giphy.gif

^ LOL, your gifs always give me a good laugh. :lol:

Nice work. Looks much better.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the compliments. It's a shame this truck has so much damn rust on the body. But still looks decent enough, and hasn't even cracked 90k miles yet.

• 5 months later...

Replacing the turbo coolant lines on the GL450. Stupid plastic nipples break, so I ordered all 4 front lines. Everytime you touch one they snap off.

I had to make a coolant line removal tool. Thank goodness for "disposable" harbor freight tools. 5cef5b1d8d22d207fa81baf4d8cc3481.jpge591f77fa31c1613f4af76fb393804a0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the last of the shit Mercedes coolant fittings on the gl450. $600 in just coolant lines in the last 5,000 miles, installing myself. Hopefully that has them all covered. Why would you use plastic!!429b3e84a63dc80f49f164d06ef9459c.jpg

After spending money on the wife's ride [emoji115], I decided to start spending a bit on the first round of mods for the Callaway. I ordered all of the parts necessary for the e85 conversion.

Plans for the first round of Dyno tuning are:

Throttle body

E85

Smaller pulley

Headers

Unlocked tcm

This will probably put me close to limitations on the fuel system and transmission. I'd like to get a base Dyno first, so we'll see what the options look like.

• 2 months later...
Thanks guys! Just like every other internet warrior I grumbled over staggered offset wheels on a FWD (245/45/20 tires all around, doe) but the offset looks great to me.

840bPebl.jpg

I saw your other post and CLay, you win post of the year for 2020. Not just because it didn't involve anything politics or Covid related but DAMN, to modify a Minivan with SS Wheels and have it look this good.........fuck, we're ALL Getting old. Modding minivans with style. That's right up there with Murder Hornets and UFO's.

Looks great man! Kudos for killing it on all fronts. LOL for the best swagger wagon on CR.

Needs air bags...

Getting H&R's.

C L O S E.

E N O U G H .

;)

I ordered new conical lugnuts and hubcentric rings...Wheel Medic put on the lugs but the rings haven't made it in the mail yet. Havent been on the highway but the ride is super smooth.

Did some stuff over the past few months. Swapped out the shitass Rachos for Bilstein 4600's on the Silvy. They're a noticeably better ride, but it was still kind of wiggly so I swapped out the 45k-mile Duratracs with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. For A/T's, they behave really well on pavement and have almost zero road noise. Also swapped out all four brakes/rotors with Centric stuff.

9QXNRGO.jpg?1

9DnTZ7h.jpg?1

CgT7iOL.jpg?1

nfYTWtv.jpg?1

Installed a 2SS gauge pod in the Camaro and she's getting window tint in a couple days.

V267WBy.jpg?1hFlJMIR.jpg?1