New (to me) older bike! VF500F

jporter12

I picked up a new bike this evening! 1985 Honda Interceptor 500. It's not running, paint faded, etc. that you'd expect for $500. It's been sitting for a few years, so the carbs need pulled and gone through, a battery, and some TLC. I'm looking for a few things for it already! Needs a seat first off. This winter, it will be getting pulled apart (not sure how far yet) and repainted.

So yeah, it's a project!

picture.php?albumid=548&pictureid=5611&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=548&pictureid=5610&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=548&pictureid=5613&thumb=1

Edited by jporter12
Added pics.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my garage, not my Chevelle, but I work there, and that is the car thatI'm working on right now. It's a 70 SS, fully restored, 454.

The little car in the background of the first pic is a early 70's Honda 600, that's getting a CBR929RR drivetrain. Belongs to the shop owner / good friend.

I started the bike with a jump pack and starting fluid when I got it out of the trailer, and it sounds good (for the few seconds that it would run!) I'm excited to get it going, but have a few days until I can mess with it, thanks to having to go to classes for work the next 2 nights. Them this weekend is the BRC, amongst other things.

AND now the ninja is (pending) MINE!!!!!!

Yes, it will be! We're hoping the wife can get in the BRC class this weekend too, as a walk-in. She has a good chance of it, since I know 2 people that are pretty sure they're going to drop out. You know who I'm talking about Chev....

nice pick up i have an 86 sitting here im going through.. if you need and parts let me know ill make you a good price on stuff

front fairing with screen, tail section, headlight, front forks, brakes, wheel , good tires, rear wheel brakes good tire, handlebars, mirrors etc.

Not my garage, not my Chevelle, but I work there, and that is the car thatI'm working on right now. It's a 70 SS, fully restored, 454.

The little car in the background of the first pic is a early 70's Honda 600, that's getting a CBR929RR drivetrain. Belongs to the shop owner / good friend.

Ahh. Those velle's are sweet. 427 or a 454, both good ways to go. 454 is original though. Nice.

nice pick up i have an 86 sitting here im going through.. if you need and parts let me know ill make you a good price on stuff

front fairing with screen, tail section, headlight, front forks, brakes, wheel , good tires, rear wheel brakes good tire, handlebars, mirrors etc.

Oooo... I may have to talk to you on a few things! How are you forks? One side of mine is scraped up a bit, and I think it's gonna need fork seals before too long. I'm going to have to look it over more and see what all I may need! I would rather deal with someone from OR than ebay, even though I've done well with ebay over the years....

Lots of older bikes out there with a lot of life left in them.

Prices are really good right now. :)

Just have to be watching! I've been a Craigslist whore for the past month or so, watching for something for the wife, or something for me to let the wife have the Ninjette. I really didn't want to let the Ninja go, so this works out well! It IS a good little bike!

Oooo... I may have to talk to you on a few things! How are you forks? One side of mine is scraped up a bit, and I think it's gonna need fork seals before too long. I'm going to have to look it over more and see what all I may need! I would rather deal with someone from OR than ebay, even though I've done well with ebay over the years....

forks look good. straight as an arrow.

the sweepers are dry rotted, but are like $10 a piece and easy installed

ill make you a hell of a package deal

It'll be a couple weeks at the earliest. Do you have a seat? This one's been hacked up, or botched recovering job, or something.

yes, but id want yours in trade as well.

ill be hacking a seat up for a custom tail install

the one i ahve is in great shape

yes, but id want yours in trade as well.

ill be hacking a seat up for a custom tail install

the one i ahve is in great shape

I talk to you about it after I get this one running, maybe meet up and look at what you have.

I'm getting excited to ride it!