What do you do with your helmet?

viking_rider

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do some of both. I have a cheap old Bieffe helmet 10 years old at least. I usually just strap it to handlebar or some other convenient spot and walk around. If I'm wearing a backpack, I'll strap it to that. Happily married here so don't care about what the chickies like lol.

• 1 month later...
i usually just say fuck it and leave it on if i'm running in somewhere quick like the gas station. gas station attendants get a little nervous when you are in a hurry though and run through the front door in full gear with a dark visor still down. then they realize you are just pre paying :lol:

I did that one time, but I was walking into Chase bank. Lol. Realized it right when I got to the lobby that it was not the best place to be doing that.

If someone really wants my 8 year old $80 KBC helmet... they can have it. I'll lock it on the bike sometimes, but normally I'll carry it w/ me because:

1) I wouldn't want people knocking my bike over to steal it

2) It's nice to get your helmet out of the sun and in the cool, or out of the night air when it fills with dew

3) Chicks (at least the ones I'd be interested in) dig it.

Maybe I'll think differently if I have to wear my more expensive Shark on the street.

8 yr old helmet??? Hopefully it will do you some good in case of a crash...I would consider replacing it...

I guess at least you are wearing one...

I have a couple helmets none of them a ton of money ok I will get it out of the way (hjc,scorpion) depending where I am going which means nothing asshats are everywhere if I am not comfortable strapping it to the bike but dont want to carry it i bring the cheaper of the 2 and strap it anyway!

wish i had a way to secure all my shit on campus....sucks carrying around my thick textile riding pants, leather jacket, and my helmet lol...especially when its hot out

No crap. I get sweaty just carrying my jacket, and it's just a textile. I don't have any riding pants, just jeans. :(

No crap. I get sweaty just carrying my jacket, and it's just a textile. I don't have any riding pants, just jeans. :(

ide wear jeans, but i guess at that point i may aswell just wear shorts and be comfortable....jeans wont hold up in a wreck at all, so i figure if im going to bother with pants, might as well be riding jeans or my textile pants, both being huge while folded and not really ideal to carry in my backpack

i need to get a disc lock and just laying my jacket and pants on the ground and parking on them and locking the bike so it cant be rolled outta the way lol

ide wear jeans, but i guess at that point i may aswell just wear shorts and be comfortable....jeans wont hold up in a wreck at all, so i figure if im going to bother with pants, might as well be riding jeans or my textile pants, both being huge while folded and not really ideal to carry in my backpack

i need to get a disc lock and just laying my jacket and pants on the ground and parking on them and locking the bike so it cant be rolled outta the way lol

You're right. I should get a pair or five of riding jeans, or textiles. Soon, soon, soon.

I run a cable lock through my jacket sleeve and through my helmet. Then that goes between my bar risers.

You can't really see the cable. So of someone snatches it the bike is going too.

+1 Bicycle cables are thin, and will do the job. Loops on both ends. Add a decent lock. Four or six feet long. There are heavier cables at hardwares. Look back around the locks.

It's not necessary most places, if you're really close by. No one will mess around. Although I do remember one place where we left some one in the parking lot while we took turns going inside. Saw a couple of kids we didn't trust at all.

Edited by ReconRat

i usually just say fuck it and leave it on if i'm running in somewhere quick like the gas station. gas station attendants get a little nervous when you are in a hurry though and run through the front door in full gear with a dark visor still down. then they realize you are just pre paying :lol:

:-)

I've only done that once. Never went back to that gas station; I hate the ones that don't have pay-at-the-pump and won't give them my money.

Usually I just leave it on the bike if I'm running in somewhere for a few. Otherwise, places like work, or when I went to school, I take it with me. It's a plain black simple HJC with a few scuffs on it. Nothing special, nothing neat looking or remarkable. But it's very functional!

I didn't have a lock on my previous bike, so I'd just strap it to the mirror and tie the strap to the bar; took about 30 seconds to get it tied and 3 minutes to get it undone; messing with that looks suspicious if you're not wearing motorcycle gear.

-b

I just usually set it by the front tire or sometimes lock it in the seat. Its just a cheap helmet that came with the bike so I am basically out nothing if someone decides to steal it.

Once I get home and buy a nicer helmet though, I will be taking with me where ever I go.

leave mine sitting on the seat unless ill be awhile and use the helmet lock strap thingy they gave me with the bike. Its a low end scorpion so if it gets stolen its my excuse to jump up to an Arai or Shoei

I put my helmet in a gold box which I leave unlocked in my rear seat.....but I do leave a midget chained to my bike....with a deadblow hammer

i was wondering what that was back there. I thought you were using the ark of the covenant as a tailbag, and was going to complement you on your face-melting abilities.

I put my helmet in a gold box which I leave unlocked in my rear seat.....but I do leave a midget chained to my bike....with a deadblow hammer

last midget I had knocked the bike over trying to swing at someone. I turned the hammer on it tho and just take my helmet with me now