See what happens when you don't get your rust inspection on you Tacoma

cbrjess0815

What is the factory recommended interval on that inspection?

I think its a one time recall. You either have a frame from the factory that didnt properly treat them, or you dont.

My brother had 200,000+ on his 95. He was hoping for a buyback. He was bummed when his got a clean bill of health.

He has 250,000 on it now.

Its a one time recall. You either have a frame from the factory that didnt properly treat them, or you dont. My brother has 200,000+ on his 95. He was hoping for a buyback. He was bummed when his got a clean bill of health.

its a one time recall to bought back but can routinely get inspected once a year. some started rusting out later than others. This one supposedly passed its first inspection at another dealer.

We have an 03 in the shop right now that is actually getting the frame replaces. Its crazy to watch them do it.

Gotta love OH winters and all the salt

And cheap as metal being used for the frames of these trucks. Toyota has had this problem forever. It's a long standing joke, the frames will rust in half before the motors let loose.

And cheap as metal being used for the frames of these trucks. Toyota has had this problem forever. It's a long standing joke, the frames will rust in half before the motors let loose.

FACT...

My friend had a corolla that looked like swiss cheese, motor ran like a top.

I had a 94 Yota pickup a few years ago and got rid of it because of the fame being so rusty.. I took it in to get looked at and the dealership said it had to be a 95+ year to get it checked out.. but he said I should get rid of the truck because the frame was really bad.. almost as bad as the one in the pics above. The motor ran great!

we have one at my shop as a parts/runner truck. frame is rusty as CRAP. but, it used to be used as a test vehicle for goodyear as well. they would put tires on it, rape the tires, and then put a different set on.

They welded on 4 spots on the frame, to mount cameras and whatever else. We were going to take it back, but we are thinking that toyota would refuse it, because its "modified".

i know right!! this truck is so funny because you can see all the spots they tried. i think they just really didnt want to have to give up their truck. i remember one guy actually cried in the service drive when we told him his failed the inspection

i know right!! this truck is so funny because you can see all the spots they tried. i think they just really didnt want to have to give up their truck. i remember one guy actually cried in the service drive when we told him his failed the inspection

He should dance. They give you 150% of its excellent value.

no shit! that's funny. I liek my truck, but if it fails inspection, it's leased and the extended service contract matches the lease. take the keys, please!

You leased a pre '03? :wtf: