Tire Price Shopping

Casper

So I'm pricing out a set of Bridgestone Battalax BT-021's for the 10. My findings were NOT what I expected...

Motorcycle Superstore

Rear $151.99

Front $99.31

Shipping $0.00

Total $257.98

Bike Bandit

Rear $142.89

Front $99.31

Shipping $7.95 (+$9.90 handling)

Total $260.05

Iron Pony

Rear $138.99

Front $96.99

Shipping $18.00 (or free if picked up)

Total $253.98 (or $235.98 picked up, plus sales tax)

I've always heard Iron Pony was expensive for tires. Sure seems they're pretty competitive.

Actually it wasn't. Everyone just kept telling me how expensive their tires are, so I checked. I wasn't expecting them to be close, let alone cheaper.

Just playin since they're a new sponsor. I'm debating on what to do with the Shinkos on my R6, didn't let me down this weekend but still considering a replacement for next season. As often as I drive by Iron Pony that would be awfully convenient to get tires there.

For Pony yes. With sales tax picked up they'd be around $251.91, so only $10 more than Ridedirect.com and I can have them in my hand tonight (which I most likely will).

Plus a Free t-shirt! :)

I would do a little research on the BT021. Reports have shown probs with the BT021 front (The rear seems to be OK). Apparently the front wears in 'steps' between the different compounds and can cause some funky handling issues. Also, the front seems to wear before the rear.

I would do a little research on the BT021. Reports have shown probs with the BT021 front (The rear seems to be OK). Apparently the front wears in 'steps' between the different compounds and can cause some funky handling issues. Also, the front seems to wear before the rear.

Sure you're not thinking of the BT020? That was a problem with that tire, supposedly fixed in the 21s.