Why did you pick that type bike?

buildit

Why that type of bike?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Why that type of bike?

• I grew up riding similar bikes.
    • My friends all have them.
    • I like the type of riding style this bike is made for.
    • It's all I could afford or look what daddy got me. :lol:
    • I'm just so cool on this type of bike.
    • Hookers dig these bikes!

I got it because I knew I wanted an upright riding position with as much "sport" packed in as possible.

This is what I'm going to CALL it.

Real reason is both bikes were cheap, and available at the time. (Why does that sound so dirty? :lol: )

In the end, I like both bikes, and plan to keep them because of the upright riding position, yet still being sporty enough to ride the twisties. The other reason's for the Hon-duh would be that I've always liked the looks of the old Interceptors, along with liking to work on things (since I seem to be doing a lot of that!)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been riding the same bike for 29 years...part of it is the bike...but it is the ride that is what I like..don't think I would like a sport bike tho..may be faster and corner better,I like to sit back and ride,don't care if you like it...it isn't about you..it is about me and what I ride....hookers..ya pay for it if ya are married or not:-)

When i was about 12 years old, My uncle had an 86 interceptor 750. dual kerker pipes.He had me into quads, but when he trade off his quad he raced, it was an 86 250x bored and stroked to a 308. It had so much compression that I couldn't kick it over when I was younger. Anyway,He got the interceptor, and took me for a ride one day. I was hooked. After that I wanted a bike. I got into cars for alittle while and decided to trade off my project for a bike. I found my f3, traded my bike off for it and the rest is history!

I got my shadow this year because the wife was willing to ride with me and I started out on cruisers,But after the hocking hills ride9/12/09 I now want to add a sport bike to the garage,

:plus1:

I own both, and both serve me well. there are times when u know ur gonna put on a few hundred w/o stoppin...can beat the crusier laid back comfort... but for the shorter more sprited ride w/ twistes.. gonna have to go w/ the sport....

Of course it always will come back to the old sayin of what are you comfortable on/operating...

:plus1:

I own both, and both serve me well. there are times when u know ur gonna put on a few hundred w/o stoppin...can beat the crusier laid back comfort... but for the shorter more sprited ride w/ twistes.. gonna have to go w/ the sport....

Of course it always will come back to the old sayin of what are you comfortable on/operating...

or get a VFR have the best of both worlds :D

My dad had just gotten his 1100 Shadow a few months before I graduated High School after 13 years since his Honda 400SS.

I had planned on uprading my paintball gun with the Graduation $$, but Dad was buying Cycle Traders and looking in the newspaper at sportier bikes "Look at this one for $x,xxx" etc...

Well I was set on a 94-96 Katana till we decided to go look at a Seca II in NKY. When I saw it I was shocked how good it looked (At the time). So $2k later I rode it home (had my temps for 3 days) surrounded by dad and family friend.

After 2 crashes learning, and getting my license we headed to Rt22. Family friend in the lead on his Katana 1100 and a friend of his on a Shadow ACE Tourer 1100, then myself, then my dad. I just put in my head that if the shadow made the corner there was no way I couldn't so just rode relaxed and followed loving every minute of it. After that Sport was the way I went.

Now I wouldn't mind a crusier, but there is only 1-2 cruisers I would consider, first is the Honda Valkryie and maybe the Triumph Rockett III. I have found that on cruiser I tend to not like V-Twin (and one reason I got rid of my 97 TL-S) motors and after ridig a V4 it isn't that much different.

If I had my druthers, i would ride a Big Wheel. Since they don't make one load rated for me, I likes my sporty V-Twin. Though I do think either a sport/tourer (i.e. Interceptor) or cruiser is in my relatively near future as a compliment to the RC. I am just afraid I would fall asleep on it. I have damn near fallen asleep on my old GSXR.

If I had my druthers, i would ride a Big Wheel. Since they don't make one load rated for me, I likes my sporty V-Twin. Though I do think either a sport/tourer (i.e. Interceptor) or cruiser is in my relatively near future as a compliment to the RC. I am just afraid I would fall asleep on it. I have damn near fallen asleep on my old GSXR.

I would love to have Gallagher's Big Wheel. But I would really hurt myself on that thing...

I started on the Honda Silverwing 600cc scooter, thats where the name "SWing'R" came from.

I moved up to a sportbike so all you rat bastards on here would stop pickin on me :rolleyes:

Actually, it was pretty cool getting my start on something easy to ride, getting my basics down

then advancing to a faster sexier machine! As far as why I picked the FZ6R, being short, it fit me

perfectly and the riding position is very nonagressive!

I'm glad I made the switch, I'm lovin the sportbike :D

When i was about 12 years old, My uncle had an 86 interceptor 750. dual kerker pipes.He had me into quads, but when he trade off his quad he raced, it was an 86 250x bored and stroked to a 308. It had so much compression that I couldn't kick it over when I was younger. Anyway,He got the interceptor, and took me for a ride one day. I was hooked. After that I wanted a bike. I got into cars for alittle while and decided to trade off my project for a bike. I found my f3, traded my bike off for it and the rest is history!

My cousin had (actually has it again) a 750 interceptor from the mid 80's, with the Kerker dual exhaust on it. I LOVE the sound of that bike! I would like to find some sort of aftermarket exhaust for my 500!