Parks and Waterfall ride.

Lost1888

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was someone who know the area and the route as well as I do I would make 2 groups. With the number of bikes and nobody I'm really sure knows the route that I have planned, I think it would be best to have a relaxed ride. We will talk things over at the Ledges. I just don't want anyone to get there hopes up. I've never led a group this large so I am going to be cautious. Staying in the group should be easy enough because I'm avoiding most of the main roads and keeping to the back country roads. Some main roads will have to be ridden but I always keep them to a minimum. Just like freeways, I tend to avoid them.

There are some places, like where I had my wife take the pic of me on Chagrin River rd, that some good action shots can be had. We'll talk that over also. Also the first road heading east, Rapids Rd., has some nice sweepers to get some pics of the riders. We'll figure something out. I just don't want to dissapoint anyone taking to long, or not making all the sights.

I've ridden with Lost several times......his "non spirited" rides are 3x faster than my "spirited rides":wtf:. I can only imagine if he had a fast bike. Just kidding....;).

SHHHHHHHHH! I'm trying to tell myself to relax. Ofr0cpeM22297536.gif

Yeah I know....hopefully the stains came out of your drawers after that last little "almost oopsy":p

We will be on the same road after Paine Falls. No Oh shit moments this time. I haven't ridden like that since. It slowed me down for sure. That could have been disastrous!

Edited by Lost1888

anybody riding two up ? my wife wants, as the kid will be in a girl scout day camp.....but if it's too chilly she may follow in the cage :dunno:

I may have the baggage on the back with me.....so it might be nice to have someone for her to cackle with during the stops:D

I'm really trying to work this into my schedule now, the women aren't going to be happy but meh too bad. How long would this ride take?

I would guess no less than 8 hours, if we stay at each stop for around a half hour. But don't quote me on it. I'm terrible at judging time on any ride. I am figuring all day. You could always leave when you need to or catch up along the way.

Anybody who wants my # PM me and get it.

I would guess no less than 8 hours, if we stay at each stop for around a half hour. But don't quote me on it. I'm terrible at judging time on any ride. I am figuring all day. You could always leave when you need to or catch up along the way.

Anybody who wants my # PM me and get it.

yea that's what I did on the bridge ride, just booked early which doesn't bother me. I'll have to figure out some details to see what I can make work.

Bring one with you? If you are comfortable with 2 up riding?
I'm guessing no, he's not.... should have 2-3k miles before you even consider a passenger imho

Matt's right, no way I'd attempt 2 up yet. Not to mention my bike has to be ridiculously uncomfortable for a broad especially for an extended period of time. Also, for some reason I have no desire to put someone back there. I guess its because I would probably worry too much and not have any fun

I have the day off, just checked out Viaduct park in Bedford, paved parking lot that can fit about 25 cars. A short paved walkway leads down to the waterfall. Maybe about 30 minutes of things of interest to see here. I also went through the metropark from Egbert rd to Dunham. Looks like there is some fresh cold patching done in some spots. Hopefully the car traffic will help clean up some the cinders in the road.

BTW this morning around 2:00 I watched a documentary on PBS about the Cuyahoga National Park. It was interesting and made me a little more anxious about Saturday.

haha awesome! Will be a great ride.... not sure if you want to make it clear for anyone on RideOhio or SVRiders....

but this is indeed a NATIONAL park, so Federal Laws apply... just making sure everyone from here knows that, but I don't see anyone on the list of people coming that I know carry.

haha awesome! Will be a great ride.... not sure if you want to make it clear for anyone on RideOhio or SVRiders....

but this is indeed a NATIONAL park, so Federal Laws apply... just making sure everyone from here knows that, but I don't see anyone on the list of people coming that I know carry.

Svrider like usual hasn't amounted to any attention. Ride Ohio, two of the guys I know don't carry and the one I'll let him know.

Thanks

The other thing I hoping is there isn't a wedding going on at Squire's Castle. It would be nice for those who have never been there to get to walk around and get some pictures of the inside.