What the hell are these green and orange bars?

Casper

http://www.ohio-riders.com/xperience.php

What's better than rep? Experience.

Experience takes into account factors like:

- how long you've been a member

- since you signed up, how often are you online

- how many threads/posts you make

- how many threads/posts you view

- rep you have AND rep you've given

- events you've posted on the calendar

- being active in social groups

- amount of "friends" on your profile

- how many visitor messages you have

- how many pictures you've uploaded

- how many referrals you've had

- is your profile fully filled out

- tagging, voting, replying, etc

- and many more

So, what are the bars....

The orange bars are your total points. If you hover your mouse over it, it'll show you your points and what level you're at.

The green bars are your activity. The ten users with the highest posts per day (PPD) are taken, and their PPD is averaged. Then, your own PPD is compared against it. So, your activity is the percentage of the average from the top ten. This is over 7 days, and calculated nightly (2a).

There is more to come in the near future...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ohio-riders.com/xperience.php

^--- reading that...This is like trying to play WoW. I'm a big fan of numbers/charts/graphs.. but that is borderline INSANE all the factors that go into junk.

And now you know what took me so long to get it up. Just wait, this is only half.

More friends is not better, quality friends is better. The exp system is flawed already! :lol:

Well, now I guess I should start using more of the site features so that I look better....

OK how do i find "quality" friends? Guess i should boot Busahawty and ninjachk :lol:

And now you know what took me so long to get it up. Just wait, this is only half.

Never doubted you bud!! ;)

Sounds very cool & a step in the right direction. Hopefully helps differentiate some of the newby postwhores from those of us who've been around awhile, & the internet posers/keyboard warriors from those who actually get out & ride & make an effort to get to events

Curious to see how mine looks when I post this. Did you design this yourself, or "liberate" it from somewhere else? Sounds very involved/complex/PIA if you constructed it yourself :bow:

If you designed this yourself..... Have you thought of/Is there a way to add in things like:

--Real life "O.R" events made to, & distance come from (i.e. Koz & GoJira coming from Cleveland area for a Weekly Meat or the 3 Meat 'n Greets, should count as much as cBus people who get to go every week due to proximity) People who actually venture out into the real world should be rewarded more than someone who just "posts" a lot on here

--Site contributor

--Real life events planned & offered for group participation (i.e.... The Meat 'n Greet planners from this season, the Cocshocton Crew for hosting their rides, Yota for puttin' together the weekly Meats, etc. Basically trips/rides/events that required some planning & effort to benefit the board & it's members) People who lead by example & don't mind rolling their sleeves up to benefit the board by providing opportunities for us to come together &/or ride should be rewarded at least as much as those who just "post" a bunch

--Threads started, weighted by replies, so the authors of popular/active threads get more credit than people who start a bunch of nonsensical stuff just tryin' to jack their scores up?

Edited by Fonzie