What do you guys use for Carry/Conceal?

Moto-Brian

Getting my CCW thingy and wanted to get opinions on what is a good choice firearm for carry/conceal...

I have an XD.45 for the car and wanted something on person. The thing is that I REALLY like the XD 3" 9mm, but it is a tad bulky to conceal.

Any opinions? I hate purse feeling pistols...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear a lot of people like the Ruger LCP .380 Auto, but I can't personally recommend it since I've only held one, not shot one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5DrJMW1qAI

Featherweight, economical, and easily concealable. It's no .40 or .45, but the .380 cal will get the job done in a pinch.

Shit' date=' I wouldn't go near a high school nowadays without a pistol strapped to my hip. Fuck that. Those kids are crazy. :eek:[/quote']

I won't go anywhere without a pistol strapped to my hip... this whole country is crazy! I don't see the harm in carrying... the worst case is you never have to use it and your belt gets stretched, assuming you aren't carrying in an CPZ why NOT take your gun?

See if the shop has a demo, and take it to the range. Ask yourself (after all other things like size and comfort are taken into consideration) whether you can fire that firearm accurately in a stressful situation. If you're having a hard time staying on target at the range, keep looking. If it were me, I'd stay away from any high caliber firearm with an extremely chopped barrel, unless you were very familiar with it. Just my opinion. Anything in the .40 + area with a barrel long enough to make it easier to keep the firearm on target, is going to be very difficult to conceal in warmer weather.