Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

I fucked up and gave the odd subordinate my number. Yeah, may need to get my number changed. After 6 voice mails and 15 texts. I finally replied and told him it was the weekend. I'm not paid enough to worry about work on the weekends. And he shouldn't either as he is off too.

I fucked up and gave the odd subordinate my number. Yeah, may need to get my number changed. After 6 voice mails and 15 texts. I finally replied and told him it was the weekend. I'm not paid enough to worry about work on the weekends. And he shouldn't either as he is off too.

Another gripe of mine about our piece of shit law makers. First blackberry was in 1999. 16 years later they have failed to bring labor laws up to date with technology.

Definition of affect:

verb

1. have an effect on; 

That really makes it simple to the tell difference hey?

Abduction/Adduction  they trying to make opposite words sound exacly alike? Practically need to say Ab-as-in-bravo-duction, Ad-as-in-delta-duction

Edited by motocat12

I pulled up to the ATM behind an SUV with Professional Organiser vinyl advertizing. They sat there with the window up too long for my patience. I pulled around, parked and went into the bank to make a deposit and make fun of the car with the teller. As I drove off the professional organizer was just started to leave the ATM.

Tornadoes and 70 degrees in December...kinda weird.

It's the SpaceX trips. They are disrupting the jet stream flow, heating the upper exosphere and allowing cold air to escape from earth with every launch into space.

You can thank El Nino for the weather in Ohio this year

El Niño

El Niño means The Little Boy, or Christ Child in Spanish. El Niño was originally recognized by fishermen off the coast of South America in the 1600s, with the appearance of unusually warm water in the Pacific Ocean. The name was chosen based on the time of year (around December) during which these warm waters events tended to occur.

The term El Niño refers to the large-scale ocean-atmosphere climate interaction linked to a periodic warming in sea surface temperatures across the central and east-central Equatorial Pacific.

Typical El Niño effects are likely to develop over North America during the upcoming winter season. Those include warmer-than-average temperatures over western and central Canada, and over the western and northern United States. Wetter-than-average conditions are likely over portions of the U.S. Gulf Coast and Florida, while drier-than-average conditions can be expected in the Ohio Valley and the Pacific Northwest. The presence of El Niño can significantly influence weather patterns, ocean conditions, and marine fisheries across large portions of the globe for an extended period of time.

Fuck science.  My wife and MIL say that it's global warming so it must be global warming.

El Niño
El Niño means The Little Boy, or Christ Child in Spanish. El Niño was originally recognized by fishermen off the coast of South America in the 1600s, with the appearance of unusually warm water in the Pacific Ocean. The name was chosen based on the time of year (around December) during which these warm waters events tended to occur.

El Niño
The term El Niño refers to the large-scale ocean-atmosphere climate interaction linked to a periodic warming in sea surface temperatures across the central and east-central Equatorial Pacific.
Typical El Niño effects are likely to develop over North America during the upcoming winter season. Those include warmer-than-average temperatures over western and central Canada, and over the western and northern United States. Wetter-than-average conditions are likely over portions of the U.S. Gulf Coast and Florida, while drier-than-average conditions can be expected in the Ohio Valley and the Pacific Northwest. The presence of El Niño can significantly influence weather patterns, ocean conditions, and marine fisheries across large portions of the globe for an extended period of time.

So I have the day off and I'm just chilling while waiting for my K&N air filter to show up from Amazon.  I'd like to get the bike put back together so that I can use the garage bay.  If I sit here the delivery won't happen until 8pm tonight but if I leave it will probably be dropped off 15 minutes after I split.   First world problems!

Edited by Wojo72

Gonna need to know how this is for future reference :lol:

Not bad at all. Most painful part is when he was searching for the tube on the right nut and clamped it down before the local anesthetic. The needle injecting the anesthetic was not bad at all. It's now been a little over 2 hours most the numbness is gone and it feels like I was kicked in the nads. Just sitting with feet up and ice on. I did get some Percocet and took one about an hour ago so the transition from anesthetic to opiates went fairly smooth.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if I should be thankful or pissed off at my current place of employment. Just when I was really starting to like my job we now are required to take 1 unpaid furlough day for the next 8 weeks due to lack of new business.

I guess it's better than getting laid off though I'm pretty sure I would have been safe since I just landed a large project to take me through end of July