Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

11 minutes ago, Wandering Soul said:

Not to sound silly but how's your hoses?  I've had a rubber brake line that would noticeably swell when you jammed on the brakes.  After installing a new one I immediately noticed the brakes were noticeably firmer.

Both brake and clutch lines are braided so any expansion caused by pressure should be minimal. 

Was saving my 4wheeler to push snow and not mudding it the rest of the year because of a slight engine tick. Started it to make room in the garage and the tick decided to let go. Sounds like a snapped timing chain.

9 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I've never tried skiing before. I need to find a winter hobby.

It's a lot of fun, but the older I get, the more conservative I ski.  Mostly, I just want to get the boys away from the damn video games during the winter and it's great fun watching them do all the silly crap I used to do on the mountain. 

9 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Same here but I need a cheap winter hobby. 

key word.

I'd still snowboard if my equipment wasnt so old that it is preventing me from progressing. I also dont want to drop the coin on a new board. 500+ doll hairs is a weekend at the track in the summa time.

42 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

A local rider was killed a couple miles from my house yesterday afternoon. Got hit by a truck on the highway on the side of the road. I can't fathom how people don't see something stopped on the side of the road.

Cell phones/food/music/other person in cab/anything else more important than human life. 

• Upvote 2

On October 24, 2016 at 8:21 AM, TimTheAzn said:

key word.

I'd still snowboard if my equipment wasnt so old that it is preventing me from progressing. I also dont want to drop the coin on a new board. 500+ doll hairs is a weekend at the track in the summa time.

You can get a decent board for pretty cheap now days, like $200.

The issue is that there's nowhere to go worth a damn that's within a 3 hour drive. Lift ticket prices have gotten out of hand in the last 15 years too. It used to be like $55/day back in the late 90's, now at any decent mountain it's going to be close to $100/day. 

44 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Well, more details have been released. The bike locked up in the lane. Two cars swerved, third couldn't miss him.

That sucks. 

Just saw a guy txting on the outerbelt with a smoke in the other hand. All the while his front wheel was so far out of balance I could see the shock going crazy

seems about right.

Edited by what

Well, I tried Scorpion gloves over A* this time since the last 2 pair of A* that I had failed after 1 season of use. I'm happy to report that the Scorpion gloves have started to fail after 1 ride.

Do I just have shit luck with gloves or is it hard to find a pair that will stay together for around $100? Both offending pairs are below, I'd recommend avoiding them.

Scorpion: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-sgs-mk-ii-gloves 

Alpinestars: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-smx-2-air-carbon-gloves