Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

:rant:

okay, just gotta bitch(and give y'all a good laugh)...

Before buying this house, the seller and us agreed to split the cost of a new roof.  The roofing company hung two of the gutters back incorrectly, causing damage to the siding.  My wife spent 6 months trying to get the roofing company to come fix the gutters(consistently receiving the run around).  She passed it off to me, and they finally came out and re-hung one of the gutters.  We hit a 4 month period of no freaking rain, and didn't know if it was fixed.

Then the heavens split open, and animals headed two-by-two towards a large boat.....

One of the gutters was still hung wrong.  I spent another 4 months trying to get them to come out and fix it.  They finally sent someone from "Seamless Gutters" and the guy did a bang up job.  Cleaned the gutters out, hauled off the mess, and was on time and out the door in an hour.

Now the siding is messed up, and I called the roofing company, and they sent a guy to take measurements and photos to get me on the schedule. 

I waited, and called for 4 months trying to get a status.  They lost my pics and measurements.  Sent out guy #2 to take photos and measurements....

Spent another 14 months leaving phone messages to get the siding repaired.  yes, 14 MONTHS!!!!

Only when I threatened to "File a complaint with the BBB, and write up my experience on every social media site on the web" did I get a response.  The company owner told me that they don't remove gutters when they replace a roof.   :wtf:  Why didn't this a$$-hat say that two freaking years ago???

He finally said they'd fix the siding in the two spots for $300.  

Now after the dude cancelled on me last week(another day off that came from my time off), they finally showed up at 1100, worked for an hour, took a 3 hour lunch, they don't have all the materials, the siding they bought doesn't match, and they damaged more siding putting in the "patch" and don't have authorization to replace any larger area.   :wtf:  ....and will be back tomorrow.....so another vacation day down the toilet.

At what point do I lose my temper and go all Bufard Pusser on their asses, or am I over reacting?

:rant:

and yes, this place is cheaper than therapy.   :)

• Upvote 1

You are a lot more patient than I. At the point of call number 3 I would of filed the complaint and asked for a $$ for repairs.

At this point I would just contact BBB. Good luck.

Oh, just ask Hellmutt how patient I am with contractors :D.

We had a company fix our leaky basement, they took 5k off the price to start. I actually called and complained the first day they were on the job, they were on point after that. I have little woman syndrome, therefore I am loud.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1

One of the gutters was still hung wrong.  I spent another 4 months trying to get them to come out and fix it.  They finally sent someone from "Seamless Gutters" and the guy did a bang up job.  Cleaned the gutters out, hauled off the mess, and was on time and out the door in an hour.

Wait, a "bang-up" job means a good job?  I thought it meant a bad job.

I'd rather work with assholes than entire asses......some of the fux here are such absolute baffoons, it's amazing they dont turn blue from forgetting to breathe.   THAT's how fucking stupid people are allowed to be anymore.   And sadly, "we the people "cater to these idiots, when 250 years ago you'd die from the dumbass mistakes that these knuckledraggers make on a regular basis.   If I had my own Delorean, Doc Brown and I would go back to the night of their conceptions and stomp their folks genitalia into useless puddles of shit...../rant

Oh come on now....don't hold back....tell us how your really feel ;-)

• Upvote 1

Tallmadge circle is the nearest place I've ever been to feeling like you're driving through the seven circles of Hell.

Drivers seem to go full on retard as soon as they see it.

Most of Columbus is that way.  Drivers seem to go full stupid, and lose all regard for other drivers as soon as they hit the road.

Management is late letting you in the building do you:

A. Set the alarm off and go in.

B. Shit in their park spot.

C. Go home and tell them you thought the shop was closed for the day.

I am considering B. No cameras :D

E. Gave my notice.

Finally found a job for what I am going to school for. Environmental Health and Safety administer... long name small checks, gotta start somewhere.

• Upvote 1

E. Gave my notice.

Finally found a job for what I am going to school for. Environmental Health and Safety administer... long name small checks, gotta start somewhere.

Congrats! If you need some sanitizers, disinfectants, anti-microbial's, hand-held germ detector, or just need advice, I know a guy. lol

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1