Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

My confusion on the washing machine is...if you had it very full with a large load, you would think a large amount of water would overflow it. With a small load there would be more room for lots of water.

I am probably overthinking it.

I see why you're thinking that, but I think of it as how much 'dirt' can the water absorb. If you have a small load, you need less water to get the 'dirt' out of your clothes, but if you have a large load, you need more water.

Maybe it just fills to a certain designated level?

Edited by OsuMj

I see why you're thinking that, but I think of it as how much 'dirt' can the water absorb. If you have a small load, you need less water to get the 'dirt' out of your clothes, but if you have a large load, you need more water.

Maybe it just fills to a certain designated level?

This........….............................../\

Is this for real?

More water allows for more mechanical action which is the main way washing machines work. The extra water is prolly not that much. Also the detergent is the key to suspending soils in the water so that they do not redeposit on the clothes. And all consumer detergents perform the same just some are better on certain stains like grass an blood. Tide I believe performs the best but I'd have to check the data at work again.