Riding this weekend?

jporter12

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience says there will be some ice in places, especially in the mornings when it's still near or below freezing. So watch out for that.

The snow will probably be melting during the day and freezing up the puddles at night.

Some of us are on call 24/7/365. :violin:

Just ride! If there's a problem, it'll still be there when you get back!

Besides, there has to be some sort of SLA, right? They can't expect you to sit around all week and weekend just waiting for something to break. If they do, and you let them, well....

SWing'R: "Hmmm, 2 hours ago? The pager just now buzzed. Must be sunspots. Anywho, I'm on it, it'll be fixed in a jiffy."

See? Easy. Almost as easy as my sister....

Windows server issue: TSMobiles through Blackberry phone via BES server = solved.

Linux server issue: Ummm, never had one, no need for mobile fix-ability.... :lol:

I work for a fire alarm company, when someone calls shit is usually hitting the fan pretty hard and a speedy response is necessary. I usually do absolutely nothing during that week, cause as soon as I do it goes to shit. Better to make "no" plans than to have plans ruined.

Guys..if you do venture out ..please watch the roads..they are in very poor condition..huge potholes..cracks..uneven areas..due to the recent snow clearing efforts.

I drive around town all night..and have seen 4 or 5 cars pulled over on 270 at a time changing tires...those holes would swallow a bike. Lots of grit around as well..

Guys..if you do venture out ..please watch the roads..they are in very poor condition..huge potholes..cracks..uneven areas..due to the recent snow clearing efforts.

I drive around town all night..and have seen 4 or 5 cars pulled over on 270 at a time changing tires...those holes would swallow a bike. Lots of grit around as well..

I've noticed the huge ass potholes.... they're scary especially since people feel the need to swerve around them without looking to see if anyone else is next to them.

Good point, I ride all year and it can be a nasty surprise finding the deep ledge of a pothole.

Good point, I ride all year and it can be a nasty surprise finding the deep ledge of a pothole.

Dodgin them on the bike can be fun, kinda like a game, not so much in the car!

Of course it would suck to miss and hit one of the ones I've seen on 270!

Dodgin them on the bike can be fun' date=' kinda like a game, not so much in the car!

Of course it would suck to miss and hit one of the ones I've seen on 270![/quote']

That's why I won't ride at night in the winter...summer I'll do it but potholes at night are fuggin hard to see. You're right about 270 too, there's a couple on the way to my work that are wheel-benders....feel sorry for the low-profile tire guys, nothing like feeling that "whack" and knowing you just lost $300.