whats your favorite chain/sprocket combo?

oldschoolsdime92

ask RSV don about his AFAM sprockets..

i prefer D.I.D. chain and vortex sprockets

Yeah bout that. :rolleyes:

Realistically though, many people use AFAM and have no problems. I dunno why mine did what it did because I kept things clean and in check but it may have just been a fluke in the casting of that sprocket. I know one thing though, that beotch is getting framed in my garage when I get it off. lol

I'm going with a Supersprox Stealth rear, OEM steel front, and a Gold RK 525 X-ring chain. :cool: $230 shipped for the set.

KIT_CST623P_RST702_GB525GXW.png

Now, who wants to loan me a chain tool when I go to install this? :D

Edited by RSVDon

i know my dads got one if noone in the area can loan you one . just give me a weeks notice or so..

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Don't even have the parts yet. Bike is stashed in the back of a packed garage. So it'll probably be a February project anyways.

I gots a ball peen hammer and a punch you can use with a big wood block! all I used on mines LOL I once went to a shop(state8) to get a chain sprockets put on and went in the back to wait, they used the same method. I was like wtf I could have done that for free. have not gone back to a dealer since. If someone is gonna mess up my chain I can do that for free at home?

the only thing that worries me about the supersprox don, is having it come apart 1000 miles from home. I havent read anything on them though, so i have no idea.

They had an issue with the halves separating when they first came out and the issue was quickly rectified by Supersprox. Since then I've heard nothing but good things from them.

Also, like Dustin mentioned with the Sidewinders, Supersprox has a lifetime warranty on their sprockets. If I've understood the disclaimer right, it covers any defect or damage on the sprocket up to about 20,000 miles. So basically if your sprocket wears out or breaks before 20,000 miles (which is their determined life) and they'll replace it for free.

if you guys are going to ride on the street dont get vortex sprockets! They last like 1500 miles max(hard backwoods). The supersprx is a great choice,but they dont have a 520 for my bike!!!

That's why you gotta get the anodized ones, man! Yeah, the aluminum "raw" ones wear pretty damn fast. The treated ones last longer, but I think even so, they won't get many miles... Like the sidewinders do...