What did you wrench on your bike today?

modular

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this week I replaced the muffles on my samson exhaust(had no choice lost one last year)replaced my handle bars put a set of 12 inch apes on,ordered new cables and brake line(thanks iron pony)also ordered new billet aluminum grips,I also have a bid in on a new rear fender off of a sabre. which will determine if I powder coat the bike. the first two mods I have pics of in my album if u want to check them out. more will follow........

Yesterday:

installed newly powedercoated swingarm + most plastics

Today:

pressed and riveted chain

installed newly powdercoated pegs (passenger and rearsets)

rest of plastics

changed oil

fixed coolant leak

Tomorrow:

hoblick to mount tires

install wheels, adjust chain

adjust suspension height (julie's short ;))

cut/weld kickstand

Only thing I've done to my 600RR is install frame sliders!

I've totally rebuilt my NSR race bike this season... After running a XR100 motor in my NSR frame for the past 2yrs, I thought I would add a few parts..

-Takegawa 124cc stage 3 kit, Takegawa 28mm carb kit, custom made alum swingarm, NSF undertail exhaust, adjusted emulator kit that 35Motorsports did last year, custom subframe to allow for undertail exhaust and NSF tail section, etc..

Here is my website where I'm going to share my build for the 2010 season.. check it out.. I'll up date on here and on my site what I've been doing and have done.

http://www.teamquazzymoto.com/Bike%20Builds!.htm

here are a few pics for those that are too lazy to click on the link..

Start of the build..

frame.jpg

Plumed up the breather tubes and installed the massive carb!

DSC03943.jpg

DSC03950.jpg

Stock NSF exhaust mounted... for now.. if the Jemco doesn't come in time for the first race, then I might mount up my old custom exhaust??

DSC03954.jpg

DSC03955.jpg

My wife wanting to take a hammer to the bike... after she found out how much I spent on it, and that we will be eatting nothing but ramen noodles for the next few months! HAHA Good thing she picked up the rubber mallet!

DSC03956.jpg

Tail mounted..

DSC03966.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

DSC03975.jpg

Edited by fireman_343

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Installed a new bulb in my rear signal, which doesn't sound too involved... Except they are cheap ass bikemaster mini blinkers and I had to put the bulb in with needle nose pliers. Nevermind the fact that I had to order replacement bulbs off of fleabay... cost more than the blinkers FML.

stoped for gas and had to tighten the battery cables so it would start

remove seat sidepanels gas tank tighten cable install gas tank seat side panels all in the parking lot of a 7 11:)

• 1 month later...