do i need new tires?

bigbluebird

yep so i found some more cracks from dry rot that really bothered me and got some new bt021's

it was the best decision i made

it is like a new bike.

i went to iron pony and had it done by one of the new guys there.

it was easy fast and simple.

so unlike last year when i went to the twisty bits down south where i felt like the bike was fighting me i feel like these are up to the job

thanks for all the help

old

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

tire3.jpg

tire4.jpg

new

tirenew1.jpg

tirenew2.jpg

tirenew3.jpg

Edited by bigbluebird
bought new tires

You're problem is def. the age of the tires. Dry rot is obviously setting in and that means the tires have started losing their flexibility and softness. Under harder use those cracks will worsen and possibly cause the tire to fail. It's not really bad right now but those need to go soon.

You could get by one more season on them.

You're problem is def. the age of the tires. Dry rot is obviously setting in and that means the tires have started losing their flexibility and softness. Under harder use those cracks will worsen and possibly cause the tire to fail. It's not really bad right now but those need to go soon.

yep that is what i thought thanks for the input, it always helps to get a second opinion

Pilot Road 2 on the front and road attack on the rear. Once the Ra is dead I'll put on a PR2. Ra's are good tires and I wouldn't have changed if PR2 weren't such a good deal online.

yep d220's moving to bt21's

Def need new tires, the dry rot is the issue. It won't be long before they cause you to lose control, or one blows out, probably the front.

We have Bridgestones in stock $118.99 for the Rear, $93.99 Frt. We can install on the bike today for $350 plus tax, or off the bike for $260 plus tax.

If you find a better deal online, let me know, I will see what i can do to match.

Got th bt021 and swear thE bike is coMpletly different it breaks better it grip better

I mean this is the first time that I have trusted the bike in a turn before it was like ok to much lean and this going to end bad but with these tire it is a different bike

It is like the love is back the bike wants ridden and the tire want to grip.

I can say that in my Limited 5 years riding this is the first time I have felt like this is right

Ps I have been drinking

:lol: Hail that bigbluebird! :bow::lol:

Now OP, go fix the first post to put the pics below one another, instead of side by side! Just hit enter after each of them.

:violin:

(Just one of thos things that annoys me! I also have been drinking, but just one drink so far.)

I hate to disagree with the experts here but he only rides about 2,500 miles a year and he isn't pushing any limits with 10,000 miles on the existing tires. He has a good two years left in them with the way he has been riding and I highly doubt they will fail before that.

This all changes if he plans to do a track day or to try more aggressive riding.

I hate to disagree with the experts here but he only rides about 2,500 miles a year and he isn't pushing any limits with 10,000 miles on the existing tires. He has a good two years left in them with the way he has been riding and I highly doubt they will fail before that.

This all changes if he plans to do a track day or to try more aggressive riding.

I almost hate to agree with you here UP, but you're right, they will suffice.

He's already replaced them now so this is completely a moot point...

I said earlier that he'd be okay for another season on them. But they're gone so it doesn't matter now.

Guys, hate to disagree but anytime dry rot is evident it is time to replace tires.

1. They are WAAY cheaper than plastic and/or getting casts cut off.

2. Peace of mind is the result. Instead of thinking of his tires constantly he can now simply enjoy riding. The tires went from being a potential liability to one allowing him to experience one of the greatest joys we can experience as a motorcyclist, NEW TIRES!

Well, that and a clean faceshield along with it. And no traffic. And chicks in bikinis lining the route :)