taught the girlfriend to ride today.

cOoTeR

Yesterday I picked up the girlfriends bike I just bought her. An 83 kawasaki ltd 550.

Today I gave her a rundown of how everything works had her start it then I pulled to the end of the driveway. Showed her how to work the clutch. Then she got on it. I had her pull a few feet forward then stop and repeat. She got comfortable going up and down the driveway which is about 1/8 of a mile long with 5 turns in it. She never came outta first gear but I don't want her to rush it. I'm pretty proud of her she did great especially not ever driving a manual transmission.

She is also planning on taking the msf course as soon as she can get in.

Edited by cOoTeR

She is also planning on taking the msf course as soon as she can get in.

She can also get in by just showing up the first night and getting into the lottery. People that don't show lose their spot and those open spots are given to people like her that don't have a spot. Check with the place she is going to for the details.

She can also get in by just showing up the first night and getting into the lottery. People that don't show lose their spot and those open spots are given to people like her that don't have a spot. Check with the place she is going to for the details.

BUT, you have to be registered for a class to get in on the lottery.

Good luck with the teaching! It is MUCH easier to let someone else teach on a bike other than your own!

Congrats man! I've tried, unsuccessfully, to try to get my best friend, girlfriend, and Mom into riding, but, all of them chicken out at the thought of the initial investment although of course they ALL want to learn HOW TO RIDE, but, wanna use my bike to do it....

I say hell no.

But, congrats to you for getting her on 2 wheels! Props man!

Congrats man! I've tried, unsuccessfully, to try to get my best friend, girlfriend, and Mom into riding, but, all of them chicken out at the thought of the initial investment although of course they ALL want to learn HOW TO RIDE, but, wanna use my bike to do it....

I say hell no.

Bought her a bike 600 bucks to get her started. Then when she decides to upgrade I may build a 553cc go cart or sell it to another starter.

Bought her a bike 600 bucks to get her started. Then when she decides to upgrade I may build a 553cc go cart or sell it to another starter.

I know. I keep telling all 3 of them you can get something really good for anywhere between 800-1500, but they don't listen. They think if they use the dream/wish department of their brain rather than their logic department, they'll eventually wind up spending $0.00 and riding a brand new liter bike! haha :D

One of the first things my teacher had me do when i was being taught was emergency braking and something like avoiding obstacles. I disliked every second of it (made me really nervous), but it was the most helpful thing that could have been done. Now when tards turn left and almost hit me (like today) I know what I and my bike are capable of.

Anyway, kudos for getting your wife into it. Tell her good luck :)

*side note... I mispelled 'obsticles' and right clicked on it and suggested testicles and I giggled.

I say hell no.

This is not all one person is it?:eek:

This is not all one person is it?:eek:

Ha Ha Ha. Have your laugh now, but next time take a closer look asshat! :thefinger: