Brian Kinney Benefit Ride - June 19, 2010

PhilS

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was awesome to see him riding that bike around. Can't believe he actually got off of it.

Good ride too. Was fun, although I just wasn't feeling it today. Went slow and took my time. A ride with OR/CSBA is always a good ride though.

PS. You can thank my wife, she just woke me up from my nap when I called you. :)

ok here we go some crappy cell phone pics for those that werent there hopefully some one will put up better ones.. but here is Brian on his first ride! his license plate was the the best.. "imbac"

Brian it was a privledge for me to let you borrow my gear for its maiden voyage! I am so happy it went so well and know it will only follow with so much more!

haha cant wait to see you back up at bike night with us!!!!!!!

Sitting pretty

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11508

Ready to get going

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11507

lets roll

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11506

taking off - i didnt get one with the gear up but it was sweet

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11505

and if only you could see the smile on his face after he got back

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=11504

Today was AWESOME! I had a great time and really appreciate those who came out and showed their support. Being back on the bike felt so normal...I don't know how else to explain it. The bike feels perfectly fine when the wheels are up. The only thing that made me a little nervous was my temporary landing gear switch. It was just too far away. I had to lift my hand off the throttle to get to it which made the bike want to loose steam. My next step is getting the switch fixed, painting the gear and putting the body back on.

A special thanks goes out to Brian (DTM Brian), John Mathis, Tim (TinyTim), Jeff (Cheech) and Aaron, the guy who did all the welding. These guys put in a LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT to help me pull this off and I can'T thank them enough. I was getting nervous last night that we were not going to pull this off but these guys refused to give up. By the end of the night we had a working bike and the relief was incredible. The last week has been crazy stressful but it was totally worth it. I also have to thank Paul from Paintworks too. He hooked a brotha up and did a great job on my fairings!! I can't wait to get the bike looking like it should again...although it really doesn't look too bad naked.

All in all, I was able to raise $717 today! There were several shoppers who gave donations too. That will definitely help me out. There is no doubt in my mind that the biker community is the most tight-knit group you will ever find. I am glad to be back on TWO WHEELS!

Edited by Bkizz

The smile on Brian's face after his little ride was priceless.... welcome back Brian let me know when your ready for a group ride I'll be down for it.... nice meeting everyone

+1 and Great ride today 373 miles and just a little rain on the way down from Cleveland.

I also would like to thank everyone that showed up today for the benefit as well as the ride. For those of you that this was the first ride with the CSBA I can assure you this was not a typical ride. Normally we would search out many more twisty roads with better pavement but since we wanted to keep the right fairly short we did not have many options. Next month will actually not be a ride but a much better event. Please keep watching for the post which should be coming soon.

Brian, It was my pleasure to be able to assist you with your bike. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. It was so awesome seeing you ride today.

I probably had one of the shorter rides of all at right about 150 miles. Let me tell ya, the ride was NOTHING compared to meeting Brian, and even more, seeing him ride his bike! Words cannot explain how awesome that was! It has been a couple months short of a year that his life took a drastic turn, and he fought back, and reponded with this! Truly AMAZING!

^ i think i had about 120-130 miles on it when i got home today... i broke off at 16 and hit broad and rode it down into pataskala to my girls house, found out she wasnt home, so i headed back to my house in blacklick

still a fun ride though, even if it was short lol

I could not help but to think that as I was watching Brian riding around that he would say F#@k it and take off out of the parking lot and just keep riding until he ran out of gas, But as I have said before it was great to see him back on the bike and riding again, And it should serve as inpiration to all that feels sorry for themselves. If a MAN can get back on a bike after going down and getting paralized then less than a year later get back on the same machine.KUDOS to brian

Let me tell ya, the ride was NOTHING compared to meeting Brian, and even more, seeing him ride his bike! Words cannot explain how awesome that was! It has been a couple months short of a year that his life took a drastic turn, and he fought back, and reponded with this! Truly AMAZING!

being there and witnessing him on the bike was an unreal experience. Just to see that much joy on someones face was incredible. I wish I could've done the ride with you all but unfortunately time wasn't on my side

Brian, It was my pleasure to be able to assist you with your bike. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. It was so awesome seeing you ride today.

My sentiments as well. I'll hook up with you this week and get you that female wire harness piece and some of those heatshrink sealing butt connectors if you want to replace the spade connectors on the actuator.

The smile at 1:30AM in the shop did it all for me. :)