Best wings

jmwildi

Best wings I've ever had has so far been Wing Stop. There's tons of them in So Cal but there's only one location in Ohio in Mentor-on-the-Lake. On the mild side, garlic parmesan is wonderful. For spicy, the cajun flavor is great too. Can't beat the fries; most flavorful and unique tasting...they're a meal in themselves! IMO nothing in Columbus has beaten them, although I'll put a :plus1: for BC Roosters. Wing Stop is definitely worth the 165 mile ride. :)

I live in Dayton, but we go to Columbus a lot as we (wife and I) lived over there for a while and still have friends. One place we go every and I mean every time we go over there is Local Roots in Powell : http://localrootspowell.com/

The wings are good, better then BW3's or Hooters and most any other chain place. They also have a crab dip I will absolutely commit crimes to get my hands on.

• 1 month later...
i fucking love hooters wings...i could get the buffalo platter (wings, fingers, shrimp) everyday for the rest of my life

roosters is a good second place though

and flyers pizza has the third spot, although they are kinda small

:werd: I am with ya...I like Hooters and Roosters too.

I just had Hooters wings again after a long time without and I have to say they're just as good as I remember them and better than most of the pizza places I've gotten wings from. If it says anything, the last time I had Hooters wings the only flavors they had were mild, medium, and hot.

I also so found a place called Buffalo Wings and Rings that has amazing wings, a good selection of sauces and you can choose how hot you want each sauce. I deffinatly recomend checking them out.

I've had wings from all those establishments--BWs, Roosters, Hooters, BW&R, etc--and gotta say that they don't hold a candle to the one's a local Cinti place puts out. If you're ever in a wings frenzy, ride on down to SW Ohio and check out Wild Mikes! They're strictly a local chain with three locations on the west side of the city.

If you want to do a road trip, send me PM and I'd be happy to meet for wings 'n beer and a ride if you're interested.

i fucking love hooters wings...i could get the buffalo platter (wings, fingers, shrimp) everyday for the rest of my life

That's what I always order too!

We just got back from a trip to Buffalo, NY over to Kittery, Maine and we stopped at Anchor's Bar,,,,,,home of the original Buffalo Wings.

http://www.anchorbar.com/original.php

Ate 20 wings and some onion rings. Food was awesome. Wings were big and crispy. Hot was not so hot that you can't taste what you were eating too.

I've had wings from all those establishments--BWs, Roosters, Hooters, BW&R, etc--and gotta say that they don't hold a candle to the one's a local Cinti place puts out. If you're ever in a wings frenzy, ride on down to SW Ohio and check out Wild Mikes! They're strictly a local chain with three locations on the west side of the city.

If you want to do a road trip, send me PM and I'd be happy to meet for wings 'n beer and a ride if you're interested.

Awesome, I'd be down for a little road trip sometime next week. Maybe sunday if I don't make it over to the rodeo at Jimbo's down in the hocking hills or monday. I'll drop you a pm later this week when I figure out what I'm doing for the weekend.

I'm leading a ride to Rabbit Hash, KY, on Sat for Old Timers Days.

http://www.rabbithash.com/latest_news/upcoming_events/31st_annual_old_timers_day_is_september_4th_2010.html

Sun might work, but be aware that's the day of the Riverfest fireworks, which means there'll be about 500,000+ drunk party-goers in the city. Prolly not the best day to be jousting with cagers....

Figger the weather only gets better from here, so maybe hold off for a week or so. I'm currently 'underemployed' so any day during the week works, too.

Sun might work, but be aware that's the day of the Riverfest fireworks, which means there'll be about 500,000+ drunk party-goers in the city. Prolly not the best day to be jousting with cagers....

This is good advice

yea when I lived down there even I refused to drive and navigate the area for the WEBN fireworks. Always said screw it and took the bus line down to the river so we could party all day then head down.

The traffic is insane coupled with the lack of driving ability a lot of people down there have, I wouldn't dare no gear on a biike

Agreed that this is good advice. I might have the devil's own luck but I don't want to test it any more than I already do. For the forseeable future Mondays always work for me so maybe we could set something up for this comming Monday or the following.

This saturday's no good, going shooting with a friend I havn't seen in a while. Sounds like a fun ride though, sorry to miss it.

Not sure if there is one in Columbus but these Asian zing wings that I'm eating right now from bw3s are pretty Damn good.

Bdubs started on OSU campus. They are all over Columbus, and they suck. They seem to get tinier every year.

Shades used to have good wings, but they are greasy as hell anymore.