HVAC people, I need your help

Casper

So this copper pipe is leaking. Looks like it's leaking from the valve. I can tell you it runs to the a/c outside, but beyond that I have no idea. It seems to be leaking water though, which makes no sense in my mind. Whatever it is, it's rusting and makes a small puddle on the ledge of the furnace.

A) What is it?

B) How much will you charge me to come fix the damn thing?

38950_592759473607_50608759_33752635_3501750_n.jpg

38950_592759478597_50608759_33752636_8124477_n.jpg

38950_592759483587_50608759_33752637_1124012_n.jpg

38002_592759498557_50608759_33752638_315798_n.jpg

39630_592759463627_50608759_33752634_7899796_n.jpg

Having water leaking out isn't out of the ordinary. Especially with the high humidity. But it shouldn't be leaking out there. You should have an evac pvc pipe that takes the water from your inside unit, dumping outside somewhere. I know this didn't help you at all though :lol:

Having water leaking out isn't out of the ordinary. Especially with the high humidity. But it shouldn't be leaking out there. You should have an evac pvc pipe that takes the water from your inside unit, dumping outside somewhere. I know this didn't help you at all though :lol:

I do have that PVC pipe. And I pulled the plug on the black box the drain passes through to see if it was clogged and it isn't.

Could it be condensation from the copper getting trapped between the pipe and the black foam? Or a water leak from the back of the house to the actual condenser/fan unit? Maybe water is using the black foam as a path and just dripping at the valve?

looks like you need a new AC unit I can install one fri for 8000 dollars.:eek:

JUST KIDDING

NO YOU DON'T:) There's no water in those lines just condation from the cold line of the ac with this high humidity

That condensation needs to be kept in check. I had one mess up and leak inside the furnace, and got onto the control board and f'ed it all up. I think mine was old enough that the base of the a-coil rusted through, or something weird.

Its not leaking..its just condensing on it.

The drain kind of looks like its leaking to me though.

this

And now that I just looked again...the Line is driping on your drain causing it to look like its leaking.

Insulate the exposed copper on the larger line and it will stop.

and this and you got it fixed

when mine started doing that the evaporator was leaking freon. it was freezing over and the thawing of the ice is what was running out.

you don't even want to know how much it costs to have fixed. but you might want to have someone check it out.

pull your panel off and if you have ice all over your coils..expect it to be leaking freon. it's expensive as hell.

you could simply have a clog in the drain too.

Edited by serpentracer