Whats your favorite beer?

r6allstar

I know a place called Wholley Joes serves it. Its an eatery on Polaris Parkway.

http://whollyjoes.com/

And Ruby Tuesdays has it on TAP.

http://www.rubytuesday.com/menu/beverages.asp

I didn't know that...it's really hard to get in Ohio, especially up here. The Yuengling brewery doesn't distribute to Ohio but if there is enough demand, some beverage distributors will go to PA and pick it up.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea youse guys and gals were beer connoisseurs, thanks for the suggestions.

GSXNurse, Jagr, Casper, the fruit in beer might have started in Berlin. They have a beer cocktail called "Berliner Weisse" (pics below, notice the straws). Local wheat beer with a slice of fruit (the fruit slice kills the suds, optional). They color them up by adding a fruit flavored syrup like a slushie. Everyone there drinks it. I don't care for it. Berliners are still touchy about WW2, I wouldn't call any of them wimps.

No beer is served warm anywhere over there that I ran into. I hear that some stouts in England are better warm (cellar temperature actually, not warm), but they are much higher alcohol content also. You can run into warm beer in Taipai, Taiwan.

Ever since traveling there, I go for hefeweizen (witbier), any of the German or Belgian or Bavarian wheat beers, or similar American.

Blue Moon is good (actually made by Molson Coors Brewing)

Shiner's Hefeweizen (Texas brewery)

Most of the Sam Adams wheats are tasty

Columbus Brewing Company - Ohio Honey Wheat (local micro)

most all can be found in a Kroger's store

Still sampling what I can find

btw, there is a beer shop on Indianola Ave that has any beer you want or will get it

Traditional Style Berliner Weisse

BerlinerWeisse.jpg

Cocktail Style Berliner Weisse

BerlinerWeisse2.jpg

I this I've had some Woodchuck hard Cider, but not raspberry.

Yeah, the cider isn't horrible, but the raspberry is yummy. The most selection I've seen out of beer/alcohol is in cincy at the party store ( i think??) That's where I have in the past found the weird beers that I've tried.

Yeah, the cider isn't horrible, but the raspberry is yummy. The most selection I've seen out of beer/alcohol is in cincy at the party store ( i think??) That's where I have in the past found the weird beers that I've tried.

Ive went through alot of cider. Woodchuck, hard core, crisp, something with a rhino on it. But this Strongbow is the best.