Carry if You Can

alab32

The victim was armed in this incident. Carrying alone guarantees nothing, if you don't have situational awareness, mindset and skills, you might as well be carrying a dog turd.

i think he meant passer-bys...the other people in the store could have shot the two guys assaulting the guy ...atleast thats what i thought he meant

he means without a holster. lol

the good guy would not shoot a whole mag, take something out of his hands then run like hell. IMHO.

i think he meant passer-bys...the other people in the store could have shot the two guys assaulting the guy ...atleast thats what i thought he meant

I took it both ways. Although I am not 100% sure the "victim" was a good guy. Don't have enough facts to know for sure. And had I been there when this happened, I don't think I would have drawn. If I had my family I would have gotten out immediately. If I was alone, I probably would have found cover and assessed the situation. Right off the bat, it kind of looked like the "victim" may have been innocent but there is a high price to pay if I was wrong and shot a good guy.

• Upvote 1

I took it both ways. Although I am not 100% sure the "victim" was a good guy. Don't have enough facts to know for sure. And had I been there when this happened, I don't think I would have drawn. If I had my family I would have gotten out immediately. If I was alone, I probably would have found cover and assessed the situation. Right off the bat, it kind of looked like the "victim" may have been innocent but there is a high price to pay if I was wrong and shot a good guy.

i dont believe i would have drawn either...too much confusion to know wtf is actually happening...its not like two dudes were doing that to a little old woman...all of them had guns, the victim was fighting back pretty heavily instead of just letting go of whatever he was holding...i would have gotten out of the way and kept myself and anyone with me safe

just figured with all the rampant violent crimes here on our soil we should use those to inspire more of us to open and or conceal carry rather than using footage from 3rd would countries.

its harder to get footage of this stuff from the US...if a video was posted like this of something happening here, it would draw a lot of media coverage, a lot of bad attention, and its just not PC... third world countries it doesnt matter...you can find crime scene video and shit from other countries - sure the same crimes happen here, but people would flip if there was video all over

good example

www.theync.com

^ NWS - also, dont click if you have a weak stomach

thats the kinda shit posted from around the world, because those third world countries have better things to worry about than media - unlike us

its harder to get footage of this stuff from the US...if a video was posted like this of something happening here, it would draw a lot of media coverage, a lot of bad attention, and its just not PC... third world countries it doesnt matter...you can find crime scene video and shit from other countries - sure the same crimes happen here, but people would flip if there was video all over

good example

www.theync.com

^ NWS - also, dont click if you have a weak stomach

thats the kinda shit posted from around the world, because those third world countries have better things to worry about than media - unlike us

That's complete bullshit. You can't find the video here because there usually isn't video and it doesn't happen as often. Our media loves anything like that they can get their hands on.

That's complete bullshit. You can't find the video here because there usually isn't video and it doesn't happen as often. Our media loves anything like that they can get their hands on.

i disagree...if there was crime scene video or video of people being mutilated, tortured, killed, etc...the peoples families would raise enough hell that the stuff would not be pushed out...now im not saying our countries is as bad as third world countries, but you wont see the volume of videos cranked out here as you do from third world countries, because its not PC.....if theres a car on fire with kids burning to death inside of it, people here dont take video and post it all over the net...its not first thought to pull out your phone and record, other places its not that big of a deal (yes, this video exists)

youre telling me car wrecks dont happen here? accidental injuries dont happen? suicide doesnt happen?

Edited by Steve Butters
forgot the word "not"

What if you pulled your gun and said FREEZE MISTERs..If they point at me blam...I worry about this type of situation a lot. You don't act, someone dies and you live with it, you do act and apparent victim could turn into the perp..

need a mini taser with good range and a kill option

i disagree...if there was crime scene video or video of people being mutilated, tortured, killed, etc...the peoples families would raise enough hell that the stuff would not be pushed out...now im saying our countries is as bad as third world countries, but you wont see the volume of videos cranked out here as you do from third world countries, because its not PC.....if theres a car on fire with kids burning to death inside of it, people here dont take video and post it all over the net...its not first thought to pull out your phone and record, other places its not that big of a deal (yes, this video exists)

youre telling me car wrecks dont happen here? accidental injuries dont happen? suicide doesnt happen?

WTF??? That stuff does get aired when there is video of it. It's just that a) that sort of crap doesn't happen as often in the US and b) when it does it susually isn't on video to begin.

How the hell do you go from that to people here don't pull out video cameras? and then how they hell do you go from there to questions that have nothing to do with an event being video taped? Those things happen all the time and they are video taped all the time (with exception of suicides obviously).

WTF??? That stuff does get aired when there is video of it. It's just that a) that sort of crap doesn't happen as often in the US and b) when it does it susually isn't on video to begin.

How the hell do you go from that to people here don't pull out video cameras? and then how they hell do you go from there to questions that have nothing to do with an event being video taped? Those things happen all the time and they are video taped all the time (with exception of suicides obviously).

why do you think its not on video as often? if someone is dying on the street, its not common in the US for people to pull out their video cameras and start recording it

and my questions were in reference to videos on the link i was describing, saying a lot of those things are not recorded as often here...i still believe it to be a PC issue...if a car wrecks in the US and people are laying out dead in the road, people dont take pics and video and post them online - other countries they do...its not that it happens less, its just social values that differ between cultures

why do you think its not on video as often? if someone is dying on the street, its not common in the US for people to pull out their video cameras and start recording it

and my questions were in reference to videos on the link i was describing, saying a lot of those things are not recorded as often here...i still believe it to be a PC issue...if a car wrecks in the US and people are laying out dead in the road, people dont take pics and video and post them online - other countries they do...its not that it happens less, its just social values that differ between cultures

It's not on video as often because it doesn't happen as often. Even in other countries where this stuff happens more often only a fraction are actually caught on video. Fewer occurrences = fewer chances for to be caught on tape.

Has nothing to do with being PC...

It's not on video as often because it doesn't happen as often. Even in other countries where this stuff happens more often only a fraction are actually caught on video. Fewer occurrences = fewer chances for to be caught on tape.

Has nothing to do with being PC...

ok, so if this happened in the US, you think it would be the same reaction? everyone with their phones out up close recording it?

http://theync.com/media.php?name=18019-get-your

nws