Anyone doing a track day for car?

Likwid

tracking a car is too rich for my blood... Theoretically, an off-track excursion costs you less, but tires and gas cost you a lot more.

I'd check the Nelson or BeaveRun web sites and see when they have a car group scheduled. Watch a couple of sessions, and then approach someone who looks fast, or just has a badass car - i mean, if you're looking for dramatic speed changes, the better drives will actually provide less exciting data by being smoother. The less skilled drivers will be doing the park/scream act, and with a big engine, really be more interesting results.

by that logic, a bike would probably be a cooler graph than a car too...

1:12s in a car at Nelson is way different than 1:12s on a bike. Way less drama in the car without the sensation of acceleration. Cars are superior to bikes for getting around the track but not nearly as much fun.

I'm talking handling aspect of it... You don't have to have a ton of power to be fast lol

You should know that you ride a 250 :D

Ok, since you clarified, they do ok. All this cage talk makes me want to get back to working on my Camaro. I need to sell it before I do start working on it again, so that I don't put any more money into it.

If I had the suspension work done on my Camaro, I would take you on, but it is BTS, needs new shocks and struts, drop springs, bushings, etc... to handle really well. As it is, it does ok, and rides nice! :lol: Oh, and it has probably double the power of your Hon--- I mean Acura.

Ok, since you clarified, they do ok. All this cage talk makes me want to get back to working on my Camaro. I need to sell it before I do start working on it again, so that I don't put any more money into it.

If I had the suspension work done on my Camaro, I would take you on, but it is BTS, needs new shocks and struts, drop springs, bushings, etc... to handle really well. As it is, it does ok, and rides nice! :lol: Oh, and it has probably double the power of your Hon--- I mean Acura.

3rd gen right? I assure you even with nasty suspension work his Integra would run circles around it. I love 3rd gens and miss mine a bunch but "agile" they are not even with extensive suspension work the things handle like a boat :p

I was thinking the speed changes would make for a cool graph, lots of spikes and dips.

I wish, I don't know of any bikes with OBD ports, and we've never tested a device for bikes.

my trumpet has a nice obdII port. It would be sweet to see a graph of engine rpms during yut ughhh

3rd gen right? I assure you even with nasty suspension work his Integra would run circles around it. I love 3rd gens and miss mine a bunch but "agile" they are not even with extensive suspension work the things handle like a boat :p

I wouldn't say boat! Handling on the Hon...Acura can't make up for the acceleration! Relating back to bikes, I know about this, on the 250!

I wouldn't say boat! Handling on the Hon...Acura can't make up for the acceleration! Relating back to bikes, I know about this, on the 250!

3rd Gen Camaro

You are not allowed to have these two bolded items related in the same sentence. Sorry, do not pass go, do not collect $200.