Coyotes kill dog in Columbus

Casper

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been warning Shawna for over a year now that she should let me kill the ones in her back yard that try and "play" with her husky. Now that its getting colder, expect to see this activity more often. Coyotes are getting bad around Ohio.

Check out this balsy little bastard. Almost cool until you think about it and see him when he starts nipping at the boots. Then think about what a few coyotes could do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI

Edited by flounder

Ive been warning Shawna for over a year now that she should let me kill the ones in her back yard that try and "play" with her husky. Now that its getting colder, expect to see this activity more often. Coyotes are getting bad around Ohio.

A local officer told me I could shoot them. I just have to feel that there was reasonable risk to a person or a pet. :D

They're really bad in our neighborhood. They walk down the street. They've stalked me a few times. It really is about the creepiest feeling in the world.

Coyotes won't attack a husky. They will "talk" to each other though, which is also really freaking creepy.

A local officer told me I could shoot them. I just have to feel that there was reasonable risk to a person or a pet. :D

They're really bad in our neighborhood. They walk down the street. They've stalked me a few times. It really is about the creepiest feeling in the world.

Coyotes won't attack a husky. They will "talk" to each other though, which is also really freaking creepy.

Want them dispatched quietly? hahahah j/k :cool:

Want them dispatched quietly? hahahah j/k :cool:

:lol:

I've ran out a few times hoping to catch them with my 40. Fuckers hide in the heavy brush along the creek. I need to get a few of you guys out one night and we'll bait them.

:lol:

I've ran out a few times hoping to catch them with my 40. Fuckers hide in the heavy brush along the creek. I need to get a few of you guys out one night and we'll bait them.

Figure you're probably kidding around, but there's a big difference between defending and hunting.

not worried about them...bigger chance you will get attacked by a domesticated dog that gets out than a coyote. and if you dont want your cat eaten, keep it inside. if you dont want your chihuahua eaten, keep it in a fenced in yard like it is supposed to be anyways. people who open their door and let their dog run around an open yard, should expect stuff to happen. either way to look at it, theyre not a huge threat...shit theyre usually very skiddish and will run from you

Check out this balsy little bastard. Almost cool until you think about it and see him when he starts nipping at the boots. Then think about what a few coyotes could do.

as for the video....no shit, its a wild animal...if you chase it and it feels like it is in danger, its going to attack you....it clearly was trying to get away from the guy at first but he kept after it

Neighbor who stays up late said they walk right down the middle of the street late at night. I got up one night when a motion alarm went off, and after waiting a bit outside, saw a coyote stalk a young raccoon from my backyard, down the driveway, to a tree across the street. The coyote just about vanished from sight when it crossed the road. A dirty gray blended in with the roadway. And yes, when it left, it walked right down the middle of the street. Not sure how bright they are, the raccoon saw me, but the coyote either did not, or was ignoring me. They were only a few feet away when they went past me. Silly raccoon stopped and looked like he wanted to ask for help. It probably wanted the tree on the other side of me, but couldn't decide, so ran across the road.

I saw a pair of big ones in a suburb North of Chicago. Huge. A bit bigger than the one in the video. The one in my yard was a tiny thing.

edit: oh, and in my area, more dogs and cats have been killed by hawks than anything else. Dive bombers with feathers.

Coyotes have no predators to cut down their population. That used to be humans (or wolves or mountain lions), but not anymore. We're kinda more like big sheep to them. So expect coyotes to be dominant or equal to humans in the future, in the food chain. Until the relationship changes.

Edited by ReconRat

i was just reading some info from ODNR yesterday that said there are coyote in every county in the state. ive seen a few down at my moms house between canal and lancaster. we hear them a lot more than we see them though.

never seen one in franklin county, but it doesnt surprise me that they are here. they are pretty sly. im sure they could easily survive in an urban area though. lots of trash and stuff to eat.