2010 Street Motorcycle Tire Comparison

Disclaimer

I love Roadsmarts, cuz I'm a street only rider. I ride too much and don't make enough for 2trackdays a week from March-November. I use to use Pilot Powers, but then tried Roadsmarts and they take abuse on back roads just as well as pilot powers. On the track though may be a different story.:woo:

I'm running a set of the new Q2's. Put them on right before the Gap trip and since done 2 Coshocton rides and the ride with UP last weekend. Gotta say I'm quite pleased, never thought I'd say that about them since I've been in love with the Power1's but I do like and will get another set.

I'm running a set of the new Q2's. Put them on right before the Gap trip and since done 2 Coshocton rides and the ride with UP last weekend. Gotta say I'm quite pleased, never thought I'd say that about them since I've been in love with the Power1's but I do like and will get another set.

lol that is funny, mid summer you said you wouldn't put a set of dunlops on any of your bikes ;)

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=57981

• Upvote 1

Oh the ironing! :lol:

I've had countless people tell me my Dunlop Q2's suck. Even the guy at the tire shop mounting it. Goes, "Oh, you have a Dunlop..." WTF?

lol that is funny, mid summer you said you wouldn't put a set of dunlops on any of your bikes ;)

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=57981

Well this was a rare opportunity ....... Dunlop reps gave me the tires free plus cash to cover the mounting and the entire trip to the Gap. Hard to pass that deal up. But yes now I will eat those words these new Q2's are far better than the other dflops and I do very much like. I hit them up for a set for my Sumo now too.

Well this was a rare opportunity ....... Dunlop reps gave me the tires free plus cash to cover the mounting and the entire trip to the Gap. Hard to pass that deal up. But yes now I will eat those words these new Q2's are far better than the other dflops and I do very much like. I hit them up for a set for my Sumo now too.

How did you score that? Actually, not sure i want to know. Did you give out wookie "favors" or record a night out with a leprechaun in Glasgow?

Tires are tires for the most part. As seen in the lap times, they are all close. Your miles may vary.

My buddy went to that tire seminar and said it was pretty much general info and stuff everyone should know. Afterall, Dunlop paid for it so...

The bottom line is when we talk street, if you stick to the top three possibly four, you will be satisfied. Setup is key as you can get dialed on michelins and use the settings for Dunlop and suck some ass. The idea is that every tire requires some time to dial in.

As for performance, good to see they ran the race track. Times are shit as editors aren't what I would measure much against, but the difference was what I expected. Push and things get to be different. But again, it is so close, you're picking colors.

Because I'm baller and don't ride a Katana. ;)

Took a few others from OR to the meetings as well. Good time and learned a few things as well.

lol. I rode it, and never complained...never lowered it and hit the twisties as much as i could.

Good to hear. Just goes to show, you can never learn too much. Some people don't fully grasp that. :rolleyes:

Back to the tires. What's everyone's favorite site to buy tires? Motomummy, Kneedraggers, motorcycle-superstore? Or just go by deals?

The bottom line is when we talk street, if you stick to the top three possibly four, you will be satisfied. Setup is key as you can get dialed on michelins and use the settings for Dunlop and suck some ass. The idea is that every tire requires some time to dial in.

Yes, you are right. That is what I'm talking about learning some things. PSI's, temps and such are readily availible for Michelins but not so much for Dunlops. I got alot of that info there and they are in process of making changes to their website as well to get more info out.