restaurants worth riding to

cOoTeR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also like riding up to Indian lake to grab something to eat,its a hour ride and is nice to look out over the lake while eating. We have nothing like this in Dayton,the Tilton Hilton has great sandwichs and there is Cranberrys on the south east side that has killer onion rings.

• 2 months later...

Found another place. The ride there isn't the greatest. The only way I know how to get there is a lot of time on the highway. It's Melt Bar and Grilled in Cleveland Ohio. They specialize in grilled cheese its delicious. The wait for a table and food can take a while but there is a lot of good looking waitresses to look at. I'm not talking hooters or roosters good looking I'm talking suicide girls good looking. Most of the staff is tatted up with some nice looking work. The decoration style is interesting. While I was there they were playing the holy grail. The sandwiches are amazing. I ordered the fat city burger it was a burger with ham salami and some other meats in the middle of a grilled cheese sandwich.

Check em out at meltbarandgrilled.com

Edit: Oh yeah and they have an eating challenge.

Edited by cOoTeR

MELT is absolutely orgasmic. I go there lots and rumor has it they are going to open a 3rd location in Indepence where the current Winking Lizard is. If its true its going to be huge, making the wait time a bit better

Riding to a shitty city on straight roads blows, no matter how good the sammich is when you get there. Just sayin....so....with that, here's some places where riding there is as fun as the meal:

Las Trancas is a REALLY good Mexican place in Marietta. 555/676/26, etc.

Lock 27/Warehouse in Coshocton is always a fun place to sit in the summer after a ride out 541. Uncorked across the street is good too.

The Farmstead restaurant in Berlin is a great Amish joint, great prices and good food - it's where the locals eat. Beautiful riding there.

The Buckeye Deli in Nashville is a cool little sandwich shop, 60 from there down to Zanesville is a great ride.

In Zanesville, Tlaquepaque on SR60 is the bomb for Mexican - the Fajita Chimichanga is diabolical genius, and great riding in that area too, 666 and 555 make for fun.

The Depot in Dresden is a good BBQ spot, great in the summer on the patio, awesome back roads around that area too....and good dual sporting.

I could go on, but someone mentioned a restaurant in Toledo so I'm kind of disgusted.

hehe.

When we go out to ride we eat the finest beef jerky the gas station has to offer, followed by a can of redbull. Then we go ride 200-300 miles more. Maybe I need to go on some of these rides where they stop for lunch.

Stay away from these cruises with eating stops. Rides do not include eating stops. If you stop to eat while on a ride you need to tell someone that you are falling out so the group doesn't go looking for you.

Two of my favorites are....Beallsville Diner, and Riverview in Fly at the river....The part I like is there are no bad ways to get to either....

+1

Also Peggy Sue's BBQ and Ribs on 36 near New Castle....great food and pie!

• 1 month later...
MELT is absolutely orgasmic. I go there lots and rumor has it they are going to open a 3rd location in Indepence where the current Winking Lizard is. If its true its going to be huge, making the wait time a bit better

so this turned out to be true, Melt is going to have an Independence location so now the riding in the area isnt terrible, albeit slow

I like Jimbo's in the middle of the Hocking Hills. Intersection of 664 and 56 in south Bloomingville. Big ass burgers and beautiful roads to it.

Also the Hometown Tavern in Logan has killer food, and probably even better burgers than Jimbo's.

Edited by Ron505

Riding to a shitty city on straight roads blows, no matter how good the sammich is when you get there. Just sayin....so....with that, here's some places where riding there is as fun as the meal:

Las Trancas is a REALLY good Mexican place in Marietta. 555/676/26, etc.

Lock 27/Warehouse in Coshocton is always a fun place to sit in the summer after a ride out 541. Uncorked across the street is good too.

The Farmstead restaurant in Berlin is a great Amish joint, great prices and good food - it's where the locals eat. Beautiful riding there.

The Buckeye Deli in Nashville is a cool little sandwich shop, 60 from there down to Zanesville is a great ride.

In Zanesville, Tlaquepaque on SR60 is the bomb for Mexican - the Fajita Chimichanga is diabolical genius, and great riding in that area too, 666 and 555 make for fun.

The Depot in Dresden is a good BBQ spot, great in the summer on the patio, awesome back roads around that area too....and good dual sporting.

I could go on, but someone mentioned a restaurant in Toledo so I'm kind of disgusted.

hehe.

That place was great, and the riding was amazing.

The Wooden Shoe Inn downtown Minster on our way north to Lake St. Mary's pub or the island at Indian Lake.......they got a mean half-a-chicken basket with taters if you enjoy heartburn!! Good old deep-fried poop waitin' to happen, so beware if your riding much afterwards!! It's like chinese food, you don't eat it.......you rent it.

+1

Also Peggy Sue's BBQ and Ribs on 36 near New Castle....great food and pie!

Nah, Its went down hill since I worked there back in the day. I had it last year while we were camping down at Walhonding (we didnt feel like making lunch) I was disappointed.

I love the English Ivy and Sports Zone here in town.

Not so bad when the destination is 2 miles from home :D

Unfortunately I have not yet been to Melt :(

Craig

"Spectators" 2 different locations in NE ohio.... First is on US-322(Mayfield Rd.) just west (3/4mile) of OH-306 and the second is on OH-91 just south (150 ft.) of US-6. If you remember the Big Boy.... theirs is even better. They call it the double reverse. All their food is great and lots of big screens around and bands on the weekends.