Apple did it again....

Jst2fst

As if owning an Apple wasn't hard enough. They are now making it harder for people to look at what under the "hood" so thay have introduced a Pentalobe screw which is somewhat like a star security screw. Only so much you can take and they keep pushing the envelope.

http://toptodaynews.com/pentalobe-screwdriver-apple-new-screws/

well the good thing is no matter what apple seems to do there is always a tool or jailbreak out within like a month or so. there is already a tool out that you use to take those screws out.

Yea, I've seen them going for $7 already. Apple just like to make things harder for themselves. :rolleyes:

What percentage of iphone users crack open their product?

Apple products have used proprietary batteries for a YEARS now. Besides the battery, what other reasons do people have to open their phone. I would bet my left testicle a majority of people would never open up their phones if it werent to change out the SIM card or battery.

i was thinking of starting a 'why is the world so in love with Apple' thread a couple weeks ago. like soldier, i won't ever by anything Apple. i can replace the battery on my Zune player for $8. Apple has done a great job of marketing their products and brain washing people into thinking Apple products are so great.

Agreed, Apple's ok their not the greatest but ok. I won't buy one of their computers only iPods. Which I'm trying to buy right now. Sucks how they package their products for insane prices. Last iPod lasted 2.5 years then went to shit :nono:. Too much of a hassle to fix a battery or upgrade memory which means you need to buy a bigger one literal.

this is just going to turn into a mac v pc thread like all your other ones.

you don't have to buy an ipod, there are plenty of other portable music players available.

i'll take the quality of my macbook pro over any current pc laptop on the market right now.

please tell me you've at least tried an apple product (other than an ipod or iphone) for more than a week.

this is just going to turn into a mac v pc thread like all your other ones.

you don't have to buy an ipod, there are plenty of other portable music players available.

i'll take the quality of my macbook pro over any current pc laptop on the market right now.

please tell me you've at least tried an apple product (other than an ipod or iphone) for more than a week.

My intentions are not to bash Apple but to inform on the security changes they are doing to keep people out. My last iPod I've had for 2.5 years. My computer labs were apples. So yes, I've tried other Apple products beside iPod's