Apple did it again....

Jst2fst

random thought:

I'm considering getting a iPad or an android tablet. the cost of the android is about 1/3 the price of the iPad. But the pad seems to be good unit to demo on to a client vs the android. :sheepkoolaid:

/random thought

Ok back to regularly scheduled thread

random thought:

I'm considering getting a iPad or an android tablet. the cost of the android is about 1/3 the price of the iPad. But the pad seems to be good unit to demo on to a client vs the android. :sheepkoolaid:

/random thought

Ok back to regularly scheduled thread

Right now the iPad is the best tablet out there (note: not e-reader). You can check reviews or whatever. There are some pretty cheap android based tablets that are shitty looking with horrible interfaces.

However, if this is a work expense and you have the dough, to wait and spend on the Motorola Xoom. That thing looks like hot shit. i would consider getting one of those if the price drops by a few hundred. Its almost twice the price of an iPad, but exponentially more capable.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/ci.MOTOROLA-XOOM-US-EN.overview

also if you're set on the ipad, wait a few months. the ipad 2 is coming out in feb/march

Id be ecstatic if it comes out with facetime/webcam support, usb support, and the retinal display glass. Hopefully it comes out early Feb ie next few weeks so I dont have to buy a bday gift/new years gift/v-day gift for my gf.

BMW removed the dipsticks from their 3-series so you can't check the oil level. Why don't I see people bitching about how awful BMW is?

Same with the "04 Explorers. My brother had one like that. No one complains about FORD because well its a FORD....

Id be ecstatic if it comes out with facetime/webcam support, usb support, and the retinal display glass. Hopefully it comes out early Feb ie next few weeks so I dont have to buy a bday gift/new years gift/v-day gift for my gf.

supposed to be very similar to the iphone 4 with respect to design and front and rear cams. unsure about the retinal display glass although there was talk about it, same with the usb support. however, nothing with apple is certain until release day or unless there is a tech leak

supposed to be very similar to the iphone 4 with respect to design and front and rear cams. unsure about the retinal display glass although there was talk about it, same with the usb support. however, nothing with apple is certain until release day or unless there is a tech leak

Their is always a tech leak.... I'm buying my new iPod this week. Only Apple products I'll buy for now.

Right now the iPad is the best tablet out there (note: not e-reader). You can check reviews or whatever. There are some pretty cheap android based tablets that are shitty looking with horrible interfaces.

However, if this is a work expense and you have the dough, to wait and spend on the Motorola Xoom. That thing looks like hot shit. i would consider getting one of those if the price drops by a few hundred. Its almost twice the price of an iPad, but exponentially more capable.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Tablets/ci.MOTOROLA-XOOM-US-EN.overview

oh shiat ! I jsut checked that out... :drool:

Their is always a tech leak.... I'm buying my new iPod this week. Only Apple products I'll buy for now.

the only legit tech leak that i can recall was when that apple employee left his iphone 4 at the bar before it was released.

all other "leaks" are speculative at best.

the only legit tech leak that i can recall was when that apple employee left his iphone 4 at the bar before it was released.

all other "leaks" are speculative at best.

Its gotta be done on purpose and they deny that it was their fault. Hyping new products to emerge on the market. Yea, I remember the employee "loosing" the phone kinda hard to believe that story ya know.

meh, i can see both sides of the story.

apple now can create its own hype with its product secrecy, "what cool things are they going to come up with next!?" (i realize cool may not be the right word for you guys :rolleyes: lol)

people keep a close watch on their product release days and their website just to see what will happen with mouses hovering over the refresh and pre-order option because of it.

however, the leaving of a pre release iphone 4 at a bar does seem sketchy, especially since it was reported to just be a regular employee of apple. i figured they wouldn't release those kind of products to normal average joe employees.

I compare Apple business philosophy to Sony's BetaMax vs VHS, the original Apple vs IBM programming . When you don't allow the clones or programmers to be able to write programs for your product ....it really limits the usefullness of it. If it weren't for apple getting that big lawsuit payoff, they would have gone under a few years back. Don't get me wrong...they make one hell of a product....but I will never buy any of their stuff just because of their business practices/philosophy. I have a complete set of all the security screwdrivers...but I don't have that one...it is available for about $7.00. So what did Apple accomplish with this stupid stunt... just pissed off more of their customer base and turned off more of their potential customer base. Just plain DUMB !

I compare Apple business philosophy to Sony's BetaMax vs VHS, the original Apple vs IBM programming . When you don't allow the clones or programmers to be able to write programs for your product ....it really limits the usefullness of it. If it weren't for apple getting that big lawsuit payoff, they would have gone under a few years back. Don't get me wrong...they make one hell of a product....but I will never buy any of their stuff just because of their business practices/philosophy. I have a complete set of all the security screwdrivers...but I don't have that one...it is available for about $7.00. So what did Apple accomplish with this stupid stunt... just pissed off more of their customer base and turned off more of their potential customer base. Just plain DUMB !

I can understand wanting to keep people from copying software and design ideas but that's why we have copyright laws and patents (Given that some challenge copyright which is a different thread). I feel that Apple just takes thing a bit too far in keeping their consumers in the dark about how their products operate. If you don't try and do everything in secrecy and say hey you can use our products but you can't look at what makes it tick ok good.

on an semi related note, apple has applied for a patent related to holographical touchscreen. i believe it has been granted?

I realize holographics is in the R/D of many other companies as well but you know apple will do something fancy with it and blow it out of the water leaving most other competitors far behind :D

on an semi related note, apple has applied for a patent related to holographical touchscreen. i believe it has been granted?

I realize holographics is in the R/D of many other companies as well but you know apple will do something fancy with it and blow it out of the water leaving most other competitors far behind :D

I bet Bill Gates thought of it first.:)

Like what inside trading.... for new tech

So what did Apple accomplish with this stupid stunt... just pissed off more of their customer base and turned off more of their potential customer base. Just plain DUMB !

I would argue most of their current customer base could care less and most people whining about the new screw are already anti-Apple.

Apple's business philosphy/overarching strategy is actually highly successful and most companies would give their unborn to try to replicate it. Steve Jobs is a douche yes, but the business strategy is highly effective and a seminal case study in alot of MBA programs.

Walmart is an example of scrupulous business practices.

Too much control is a bad thing and that is where Apple is at. Once I buy something I want to be able to have access to it since I paid for that product but Apple will do just about whatever they can to prevent the end user from doing anything that they don't want you to do. I do own an Ipod but that is just due to it being able to dock with so many other devices that I have. What if you bought a Samsung tv and you could only hook up devices that Samsung approved or made, that would be Apple if they made tvs.

Edited by tyler524

Too much control is a bad thing and that is where Apple is at. Once I buy something I want to be able to have access to it since I paid for that product but Apple will do just about whatever they can to prevent the end user from doing anything that they don't want you to do. I do own an Ipod but that is just due to it being able to dock with so many other devices that I have. What if you bought a Samsung tv and you could only hook up devices that Samsung approved or made, that would be Apple if they made tvs.

That's what I'm sayin, we buy brand new cars and were able to mod them and make them our own. With an Apple its the same cookie cutter product not really to make it your own beside the color options for skins.

As for being anti-apple is an understatement. If I were I'd stay far from their products. ipods are the only tech I can use and not get irritated by.

If I read an article right a while ago I think that apple is trying to make a tv. Need to find the article though to verify.