Apple did it again....

Jst2fst

This is where I disagree. The software is bulletproof which is great for me because I'm not really worried about writing my own damn code here. However, the hardware is shit.

My 15" MacBookPro purchased new in August of '07 has gone through:

One motherboard

Four batteries (two in the first year under warranty)

One power adaptor from a shit connector

One SuperDrive (current one works only when it likes to)

And the case is cracking at the bottom left corner of the monitor screen side (WTF?)

Love the software, but the last gen MBP definitely has some cheap-Chinese shit for hardware.

Is this common in most MBP's?

not anymore. i've had mine a solid year and half and have had no problems whatsoever. still looks and runs as good as the day i got it.

Ok good. I am looking to get at least 4 solid years out of this thing. I heard from a few people they dont slow down and perform as good as the day they got them.

Nope esp the body crack now that the MBP have gone to the aluminum chassis. That was my main reason for buying a MBP.

'07 MBPs are aluminum chassis ;)

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the small crack considering the thin aluminum in that area and the high bending moment from the screen when opening and closing (especially to full open extent). But there's no excuse for the shit CD drive or failed motherboard. I'm wondering if I got hit with a tin whisker. That fooker was quoted at $900 just for the board from Apple, thankfully still under my 3-year warranty. That's half of what I paid for the whole PC!