Can you guess what this is?

chevysoldier

to be honest i did grow up on a horse ranch and we did have a grain silo to hold the derr grain for feeding so i have seen the inside of these quite a bit.. their all fairly similar

I figured you had some history with them. Most never get to see the inside of one, just a view from the road. This summer all the vines will be cut down so they doesn't destroy it. The barn is supposed to be getting sold as well. A woman lost hers in a fire and might be getting my parents' barn to build a new one. They only thing left will be the silo and the concrete section that was the milk house.

My dad uses some potent shit to kill them after he cuts them. Should keep them at bay for awhile but yeah it's a never ending battle.

Just a hint on vines, spray them with round up or Sodium Chlorate and allow them to absorb the poison for a week before cutting them down. This allows the poison to penetrate into the roots so they don't grow back. It's also best to do this during the summer when transpiration is at its peak. ;)

PS. I was guessing the furnaces outside Nelsonville before the whole pic downloaded showing the depth.:)

• Upvote 1

Just a hint on vines, spray them with round up or Sodium Chlorate and allow them to absorb the poison for a week before cutting them down. This allows the poison to penetrate into the roots so they don't grow back. It's also best to do this during the summer when transpiration is at its peak. ;)

PS. I was guessing the furnaces outside Nelsonville before the whole pic downloaded showing the depth.:)

Yeah, he does something like that. he's the horticulture supervisor at the Columbus Zoo so this is the kind of stuff he's done all his life. but good looking out. :D

Yeah, he does something like that. he's the horticulture supervisor at the Columbus Zoo so this is the kind of stuff he's done all his life. but good looking out. :D

No problem, I fight poison ivy out here all the time and am more than happy to help others fight it. :D Doesn't help I'm very allergic to the crap.