article in washington post about "squids" lol

serpentracer

Lots of different flavors of squid... (these are all noob squids)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT_oJgOhEeM

lol, I like the one where the dude comes out the driveway, pops the wheelie, and the bike shoots off the road in the air.

Didn't know a bike could shoot up into the air like that.

Edited by ReconRat

ex-Navy

Close the gaps to force them off the rode. then the idiots might learn. Call *77 when you see a pack of these idiots and let the cops get them. most are candidates for the darwin awrds.

You are an idiot!

Oh and this quote in the article had me going..WOW, seriously?! :lol:

It’s scared the heck out of my wife, she’s panicking,’ they’ll tell us,” said Greg Shipley, spokesman for the Maryland State Police.

Lots of different flavors of squid... (these are all noob squids)

lol, I like the one where the dude comes out the driveway, pops the wheelie, and the bike shoots off the road in the air.

Didn't know a bike could shoot up into the air like that.

Holy shit at the stupidness at 4:17 ! With beach wear!

I like their definition of "squid" as being fast in a straight line and has to stop to turn.

But the no gear might have to be part of that.

That was a comment from a track only rider in the article. They always say stuff like that.

I don't get that highway riding stuff. Worst, most boring place to ride IMO. I see those guys around Dayton all the time. Either strutting around town or doing highway loops. Never doing real riding.

ill admit i dont always wear gear but it's usually when im rideing with a group of freinds that have many 2up small cruisers(900cc or smaller) that rarley go over 50mph and i would venture to say thet of this group i am the best rider of the bunch and i alway ride in the back plus i dont take any unnessesary risk when gear is off...does this make me a squid for the day when i do this? But the other 80% of the time i wear gear Jacket, gloves, lid

Oh and this quote in the article had me going..WOW, seriously?! :lol:

Dude, there's nothing more scary than a pack of wild riders going AWAY from you. Kind of like how you'd crap your pants when bears run away from you... You know, same feeling.:eek:

:wtf::nono:

It wasn't a bad article, she makes some valid points about how motorcyclists are seen by those that don't ride.

To be honest, I panic a bit when I see riders on the freeway, with no gear, riding like the article describes. As in:

If he loses control now, I can't avoid running over him.

or

I hope I don't see his body dead on the road in a few miles

But that's just me.

If I do a wheelie' date=' it's because I'm about to crash. If I do a stoppie, it's because I'm about to crash. If my knee is sliding on the pavement, it's because I'm in the middle of a crash.[/quote']

Lol. Yesterday at work I was talking to some guys about my first track day. Some ride some don't, but anyways. I was talking about when I wrecked at my first track day. As I was describing the weird feeling another butts in late and state's "you were on a track? That's cool! Did you get your knee down?" I replied uh yeah I fucking crashed I pretty much got my whole body down. I just thought it was funny you said the part about your knee being down.

• Upvote 1

ill admit i dont always wear gear but it's usually when im rideing with a group of freinds that have many 2up small cruisers(900cc or smaller) that rarley go over 50mph and i would venture to say thet of this group i am the best rider of the bunch and i alway ride in the back plus i dont take any unnessesary risk when gear is off...does this make me a squid for the day when i do this? But the other 80% of the time i wear gear Jacket, gloves, lid

Do you have to stop to turn?

It's ok to occasionally squid it up. Hell I even made what I call my squid suit. But I rarely wear it. I had it out once last year, felt naked. Its a suit jacket I bought at good will cut the sleeves off and threw patches on. Lol.

Holy shit at the stupidness at 4:17 ! With beach wear!

Yeah that guy is not gonna live to see his next birthday if he keeps that shit up. :nono:

Tom's squid video reminds me why I've never tried to whoolie or stoppie.
If I do a wheelie' date=' it's because I'm about to crash. If I do a stoppie, it's because I'm about to crash. If my knee is sliding on the pavement, it's because I'm in the middle of a crash.[/quote']

+1

Edited by SWing'R

Years ago I had one filter in moderately heavy traffic on the West outer belt. I was in the work van with the boss. I started a lane change to the right, and suddenly turned my signal off and stayed in my lane. I had seen a fast moving flash in the right hand mirror. Barely caught this in my side vision. Yup, filtered by idiot. Zoomed down the side of the van, in and out of traffic. More or less ridding down the lane marker between lanes.

Doubt that he realized he was almost a spat on the back on my van.

edit: I'm gonna go with a motorcycle is a tool, not a toy...

stupid fucking cage drivers... i swear to god.

they will love this article about "zomg dangerous motorcycles!!!"

then they will sit their fat ass behind the wheel of their SUV while they text someone, fuck around with their GPS, have dinner on the passenger seat and start a DVD movie for their little brats.

but motorcycles are soooo dangerous.

• Upvote 1

Do you have to stop to turn?

It's ok to occasionally squid it up. Hell I even made what I call my squid suit. But I rarely wear it. I had it out once last year, felt naked. Its a suit jacket I bought at good will cut the sleeves off and threw patches on. Lol.

i dont have to stop to turn but i swear they do sometimes...LOL... this group i ride in is a lot of newb riders(my wife included) and a couple overloaded 600 shadows that cant get out of there own way..they are great people but they all need bigger bikes especially the 2 ups..some times the ride is boring for me but they are good company

I like their definition of "squid" as being fast in a straight line and has to stop to turn.

But the no gear might have to be part of that.

they mentioned gear... what were you reading?

The squids ride them at wicked speeds, rarely wear any protective gear and sometimes pull crazy stunts in traffic. Occasionally, the rider’s pal is close by, filming the squidery, as was the case in the 2004 death on a Frederick highway of Shaun Matlock, who slammed into a truck while doing a pantless wheelie at 70 mph.

In the beginning of the article when they see some people on bikes with t-shirts on. Its like the third paragraph I think.

I do think Maryland is a helmet state. Which would explain the mention of "gear." Although, so many people think that Mechanix Wear Impact Gloves are appropriate riding gear.

Edited by dorifto240