how many are still riding??

kawi kid

Left the bike home today :(

First time since last winter I have done that due to weather. 

I could have ridden but 30s and rain is no fun so I took the easy way out.

I will be riding whenever the roads are clear this winter. I used to store the bike during the winter but every sunny day I would wish I had it.

As for riding gear I wear a Tourmaster Transistion2 jacket and Caliber pants. They do a decent job of keeping out the wind and light rains. If its cold and wet I add a rain suit over it. Then I just layer under depending on the temp.

On the highway below freezing you really need heated gear to stay warm. Just too much heat loss to ride like that very long. I have not yet gone that far as my commute is 8 miles of city streets but I hope to so I can do longer rides in the late fall early spring.

Craig

I rode last night to visit family... I hadn't taken the bike out for 3 weeks and was feeling bad and over adventurous about it. It was cold as hell at 1am (32*?), but I managed... Need to get the winter kit for my helmet and break out of the balaclava and hippo hands soon...