One in the chamber when you carry?

idodishez

Re: had to shoot someone on friday.

by adf8585 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:00 am

the gun was a glock model 36. carrying with one in the chamber probably saved my life because i was holding myself in the car with my left hand as they were trying to pull me out of the car no way i could have racked the slide.

this was from another forum, linked to the shooting in dayton, from the victim who shot his attacker

I agree, always one in the tube, this is how I was trained in the academy. We refer to it as "condition 1". Not sure why anyone would carry a handgun for protection, and not have it ready to go. Point, shoot, and keep on firing, until the threat has been eliminated.

Re: had to shoot someone on friday.

by adf8585 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:00 am

the gun was a glock model 36. carrying with one in the chamber probably saved my life because i was holding myself in the car with my left hand as they were trying to pull me out of the car no way i could have racked the slide.

this was from another forum, linked to the shooting in dayton, from the victim who shot his attacker

Good to know. Got a link to the whole story by chance? Didn't hear about it