Headphones while you ride?

Josh1234

Thanks guys... If I do end up listening to music while I ride, I'll make sure to keep it one-headphone only... Both to stay legal AND hear the ambient noise around me.

eh I rock the Skull Candy Asym's and put em in both ears. My right ear is apparently a funky shape and after time the earbud works its way out but I have no problem hearing horns and sirens over my music too. I'm also a habitual mirror checker so I'll usually see stuff before I hear it anyway. Not to mention if you're wearing them under a helmet, how will a cop know whether 1 or both are in?

Headphones is a per ride decision, it depends on how far I'm going (long distances = earplugs usually). Aggressive rides sometimes get music... no matter what headphones I have they always get messed up (even the asyms) so I like my earplugs

I got a pair of cheap ones and "attached" them in my helmet. I dont think its illegal if its "built into the helmet and not in your ears. Could be wrong, i didnt read chevys ORC post. But I have some Asyms for my other helmet if i wear that one instead. Dont turn them up all the way and you'll still hear cars and sirens just fine.