What do you do with your old helmets?

Tpoppa

Shoot them up

Not sure if I ever posted pictures of the helmet I shot up...

IF they're in decent shape, you can cut them in half and turn them into pretty cool garage art.

cut-off wheel or band saw seems like it would be the best options. I have neither :(

Mine sit atop my cabinets in the garage like old girlfriends.

if i treated my old helmets like old girlfriends, most of them would have gotten bigger since the last time I 'wore' them, and there would be awkward conversation every time I ran into them, because they're not married yet, and I took their anal virginity.

• Upvote 1

if i treated my old helmets like old girlfriends, most of them would have gotten bigger since the last time I 'wore' them, and there would be awkward conversation every time I ran into them, because they're not married yet, and I took their anal virginity.

:bow:

Give them away to beginner rider who don't have one

sell them in garage sale

donate to good will

use them as off road, road cones

wear them in the car, provides amazing results in heavy traffic ( must yell "Toro, toro" for full effect)

place on fence posts or on top of pumpkins as they grow ( most interesting effect with full face helmets.)

PeekamoosePumpkinHelmetcropped.jpg

i'm actually thinking the.. ahem... "test" units will be good for a lamp idea for the garage. Whether I am able to get off my lazy ass to actually execute said idear is a whole different story.

I gave a couple to the local VFD so they could use them for training. They put them on a mannequin to practice cutting the chin bar off and airway management without removing the helmet.

this is by far the most useful answer thus far.

I would NEVER sell an old helmet at a garage sale or donate it to goodwill. I am not going to be responsible for some ignorant fool wearing a helmet that provides sub-par protection.

Hell, I wouldn't even throw one away without cutting off the chin straps. Donating it to a fire/EMS exercise is perfect. Can probably turn it into wall art even after they're done.

this is by far the most useful answer thus far.

I would NEVER sell an old helmet at a garage sale or donate it to goodwill. I am not going to be responsible for some ignorant fool wearing a helmet that provides sub-par protection.

Hell, I wouldn't even throw one away without cutting off the chin straps. Donating it to a fire/EMS exercise is perfect. Can probably turn it into wall art even after they're done.

Why? Did you drop it? Is the foam inside totally compressed? I would rather have some cheap ass who won't spend $300 for a real helmet have something to slap on their head than wear a bandana.

Obviously people are better off buying a new helmet that meets DOT and racing specs, but my old helmet is better than nothing.;)