Harley recalling more than 308,000 motorcycles

Casper

heh, speaking of oil leaks, i went on a ride with my dad and his church biker gang(majority harleys), and one of them had a leak. he said it was because the dealer(who does all his maintenence) tightened the filter on too tight and "broke a seal or something"...

not as bad as the 2001-2002 883 sportster R. which is the orange & black race replica. the hole batch of engine side casing manufactured in Mexico were porous. yeah, they leaked oil. no recall, no fix, due to lack of good casings. HD had to explain to customers that it was OK for bike to leak some oil. :wtf: go figure.

Ahem... You must have missed this:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=84756

:lol:

Casper gave up on trying a long time ago ;)

Instead of threadshitting though, you can check your VIN on HD.com (for those of you that care)

https://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Owners/service-your-bike/service-recalls/service-recalls.html

My friend who works at a harley dealership by sandusky said this isnt all that bad it is getting blown out of porportion, the only issue is the activation of the brake light. Plus he said this is a 10 minute fix so its not that bad for customers or the service departments.

My friend who works at a harley dealership by sandusky said this isnt all that bad it is getting blown out of porportion, the only issue is the activation of the brake light. Plus he said this is a 10 minute fix so its not that bad for customers or the service departments.

Yeah there only brake lights who needs them

^ I was gonna post something comparable snarky about cruiser riders' fear of front brake use.

Rear brake failure shouldn't be a problem at all. It would be something I'd notice, and put on my to-do list, but hardly anything that would keep me from riding.

The brake light is more important than the actual rear brake.

I have never heard of cruiser riders being afraid to use front brakes. Front brakes are 85% of your braking power. Maybe me and the people I ride with are just rare cruiser riders who use front brakes. :dunno:

This is a thread ABOUT cruisers, not to be participated in by riders of cruisers. Got it? :D

I'm pretty sure that most of the riders I know that have "butt jewelry" bikes don't use the front brakes as their primary brake. I'll have to ask around on this one.