Saturday Ride: 11/5/11 Temp~60

NinjaDoc

Several decent roads in that area, not quite like SE Ohio, but a fun ride...If time was not an issue, I could show you a hell of a day in that area, at and around Coshocton, and Cambridge, all North of 70...again, not SE Ohio, but it is safe to say that you would enjoy the day.

Yes the map is misleading.

Yes I have ridden 151 and 646, and some other roads in that area...it has been a few years, but from what I remember, they are decent roads if you live in that area...not beneficial for me at all to travel there from where I live, much closer for me to head SE, and the roads are, in my opinion, a bit more fun with more routes to choose from.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna bang...oh wait. By the map it does look like its more twisty, they only question is are they real twists or just slight direction changes (curves). I don't remember riding too many roads that NE so I'm down for whatever; make it a coin flip if you have to

As mentioned before this is a late fall ride, time being an issue, not a 500-600 mile mid Summer route.

They are curves, not switcbacks, or anything close to that...just a short end of season blast on some decent roads, some boring unavoidable straights, but remember it is still in the Northern part of the State.

As mentioned before this is a late fall ride, time being an issue, not a 500-600 mile mid Summer route.

They are curves, not switcbacks, or anything close to that...just a short end of season blast on some decent roads, some boring unavoidable straights, but remember it is still in the Northern part of the State.

True, you take what you can get at the end of the season, I was just comparing between the two proposed routes. I have tried exploring new routes before and found that one road that seemed to be straighter was much more fun that the one google showed to be more twisty. I'll be riding a new to me bike that I will be (hopefully) changing the suspension a little on Friday so I will welcome a little less intense of a route

if all of 646 is like the section we did last week then I'd be thoroughly pleased. Well minus that one corner that came out of nowhere and nearly crossed into the other lane :(

Hoping my ContourHD will deliver by Friday and possibly bring that along to play with.

and yes as of now I'm planning on being there and changing Street Glide day to a different day :D

Awesome, 646 the rest is even twistier check the map I posted it's literally like some kid scribbled a road plus 151 is also nice towards the end,

Link we end up far north and not that east, ur ride back will prolly be the same from Lisbon or bolivar? Lemme check map

ok akron people and those traveling down 271 lets meet up at circle K off the Steels Corners Exit on 8 South (that way we can gas up). Anyone know a back way to the DQ in Boliver so we can avoid the yawns of 77S....

ok akron people and those traveling down 271 lets meet up at circle K off the Steels Corners Exit on 8 South (that way we can gas up). Anyone know a back way to the DQ in Boliver so we can avoid the yawns of 77S....

nope there are zero fun or back ways to Bolivar. I might meet up with you guys or I might just haul ass down 77 -> 21 -> 212 since its my usual way to work and its quicker/less cops usually on 21

that's 15 minutes north for me.. ill just meet you guys out there unless we meet at the sheetz off howe ave.. yup I'm difficult. :)

I am okay with either, of course I am biased to the 646 route since it will put the four of us from here close to home towards end. But if Jerry is okay with links route it's all set I guess. Just want to know whats his opinion is since he agreed to the ride first.

Ok akron people and clevlanders heading down we will meet at the Sheetz on Howe Ave. (per holly's request). Take the Howe Ave exit off of Route 8 and turn left. Be there @ 10:45 Saturday!!!!

Hey i'm in:wheelchair:. So which route is it gonna be? Doc's a bit more twisty like last week or Link's that looks to be more relaxed or spirited depending on your right hand? I'm leaning towards the twisty side of life. Holy Jingle Balls........It's gonna be a chilly morning:brrr:. http://www.accuweather.com/us/oh/bolivar/44612/forecast-hourly.asp?fday=3 >>>>>>> Turtle Neck Baby <<<<<<<<