Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap -- June 7-10, 2012

Casper

i totally missed it but you better be in for this. There is also a very small chance I might have a new toy to throw around down there :D

Ya I'm 90%. The gf wants to come but I can't ride as fast with her on the back...

Good you need another CBR in your trailer besides mine :)

Ya I'm 90%. The gf wants to come but I can't ride as fast with her on the back...

Good you need another CBR in your trailer besides mine :)

I wish this dude would text or call me back already. Found it last night and need to go see it ASAP.

I get the feeling I'll probably end up bringing the VFR for that many miles though. The other thing is the damn VROD is so big I can only get 2 in the trailer but theres always the bed of the truck if need be

16 makes the dragon look like a sissy road....

Ya think so? I thought it sucked balls - the road surface is all jacked up, loads of gravel and sand all over the place in corners, pot holes etc that have been patched - just didn't really care for it at all.

Might be okay for cruisers or big tourers, but not all that much fun to try to go fast on .

Was last there in July of 2011 - maybe they've worked on it a lot since then.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Ya think so? I thought it sucked balls - the road surface is all jacked up, loads of gravel and sand all over the place in corners, pot holes etc that have been patched - just didn't really care for it at all.

Might be okay for cruisers or big tourers, but not all that much fun to try to go fast on .

Was last there in July of 2011 - maybe they've worked on it a lot since then.:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Anything is fun on the Vee. Come on Mr. BMW ADV'r. Road surfaces shouldn't bother you one bit. :D

Anything is fun on the Vee. Come on Mr. BMW ADV'r. Road surfaces shouldn't bother you one bit. :D

They didn't bother me, but the road isn't in all that great of shape and sucks for going balls out on. Lots of cops around Tazewell as well.

Couple of pics from 16;

IMG_5187Large.jpg

IMG_5182Large.jpg

IMG_5180Large.jpg

Sportbike guys were hatin' this stretch due to all of the shit in the road...

IMG_5175Large.jpg

Im debating on riding down still. The route Casper is thinking could be nice...

If not I may take you up on the bed of the truck if I cant find someone out of Columbus.

yea that 2nd route looks awesome. I'm half tempted to quit being a wimp and ride down however since the Harley Homo needs to be back Sunday night, its just easier to trailer to save time. Still plan on riding down there once this summer or fall though!

yea that 2nd route looks awesome. I'm half tempted to quit being a wimp and ride down however since the Harley Homo needs to be back Sunday night, its just easier to trailer to save time. Still plan on riding down there once this summer or fall though!

lol, I almost missed this.

I thought we were planning on riding down in September :)

Couple of pics from 16;

You got no pics of the freaking Rooster farm?!? That thing was the highlight of the trip. I was zipping along and in my helmet I yell WTF was that and grab the brakes and pull over. Hundreds of those blue plastic barrels spread across this field. Those pics are not my best, the sun was right on the hill above them and no way to get a better angle. Second or third pic into the slideshow below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimkennedy/sets/72157626501516241/show/

Suggestion 2 looks really close to what I was looking at.

I may do this trip, if so I will go down that way as long as your campground is near a hotel. Kind of up in the air, another group I have always gone down there with usually goes in June but this year it may not happen. Curious though why you picked a dry county to stay in. :D

I do Alcoa...which is on the north side of the dragon..sorta by the end of foothills parkway....to Cleveland in just over 8 hours on a bike. So 9.5 tops from Fontana. You just gotta hammer and not dick around at stops. Pull up, get gas, pee, get a drink and drink it as you roll the on ramp. Then hammer again.

So leave Wed morning and take my route down and make that two days. Leave real early Sunday morning and get home late afternoon early evening and go via 75/71.

I may do this trip, if so I will go down that way as long as your campground is near a hotel. Kind of up in the air, another group I have always gone down there with usually goes in June but this year it may not happen. Curious though why you picked a dry county to stay in. :D

It's not. There's a bar there. We drank a lot there last year.

It's not. There's a bar there. We drank a lot there last year.

That is good to know, tyvm. Google tells me that Fontana Village is an exception. They have a store there the sells beer and wine too it seems. The county they are in is dry, only one left in North Carolina I think.

That is good to know, tyvm. Google tells me that Fontana Village is an exception. They have a store there the sells beer and wine too it seems. The county they are in is dry, only one left in North Carolina I think.

Pauly, Bad, and myself stayed at Dragon's Rest Cabins in Robbinsville for our first trip down... dry county...

Fontana Village DOES sell alcohol, and the gas station/corner store sells cases.

lol, I almost missed this.

I thought we were planning on riding down in September :)

Yea I figure probably ride down in September or if we go again between june and september

Pauly, Bad, and myself stayed at Dragon's Rest Cabins in Robbinsville for our first trip down... dry county...

Fontana Village DOES sell alcohol, and the gas station/corner store sells cases.

I liked that place. BYOCaptain Morgan and start a fire and bam, good night

Our fridge from last year at Fontana:

hdnuy.jpg